|ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜ.|

The Time Me And Dooka Met A Crazy Capybara: Book 3, Part 8

Setting: Out In the burnt, smoking silent city street.

Mya's Pov:

We had left the grassy fields, and now we're walking out into yet another foreign street... this is feeling like a torturous, hell loop hole. Anyone We find isn't trustworthy, Sgt. Rudo's been the only stranger we can trust so far... somehow now instead of being rude like he used to be, he's treating us like family now. We still don't know what his motive is, though. But I guess we're going to have to trust him still. "Where are we gonna go?" Kennon asked sgt. Rudo, who was on my left. "I have an old friend Of Mine's.. I'm sure he can lend us some shelter for a little while... we definitely need it. And I bet you all would prefer to sleep underneath a roof then on the sidewalk for the 6th time." Sgt. Rudo said, kennon nodded. I stared at Kennon for a second. 'Weird,' I thought to Myself. Staring down at the ground while still walking. 'How come he never argues with Sgt. Rudo, But he's up for an argument everytime with one of us? Like.. I mean Obviously sgt. Rudo has helped us... but still.' I thought again. I glance over at Julian who is just yapping away to karis.. Who seemed semi-invested about the random crap Julian was spewing. "...And So then that was the time I literally jumped off that huge tree in 6th grade, you remember that right? You were there, right?" Julian said to karis who slowly nodded. "Sure was." Karis said. Oh, I forgot to mention. Karis has to say something everytime about Julian's story or else he'll lose it thinking she didn't care about his weird experiences. Which I doubt she does. "Quit talking and listen." Sgt. Rudo ordered, everyone stopped what they were doing. "What Is It?" I asked, Sgt. rudo turned to me. "We're gonna be arriving there soon." Sgt. rudo said. I tilt my head. "My friend's shelter." Sgt. rudo said, and I realized. "Ohhh.." I nod, Now I feel kind of slow. Because I'm Sure He already said this before, and yet I didn't catch on to one of the most vital reasons we're doing this. "In about a mile or two, we'll be there." Sgt. rudo said. Kennon raised his hand as If he was in class, And Sgt. rudo nodded towards him. "Ahem. So, uh... Is your 'Friend' a soldier or?..." Kennon asked sheepishly which made Sgt. rudo laugh at kennon's random sorta-irrelevant question. "Ah... No, He's... Or WAS. A mechanic that worked at a car-repair shop." Sgt. Rudo explained. " 'Was'? Why, 'Was?' " Julian asked. Sgt. rudo raised a brow at him. "Because Of what's around us... Who'd Work with a bunch of feral mutated rodents roaming the streets?!" Sgt. Rudo scoffed in disbelief, smiling still. "Right.'' Julian said quietly, I guess he was feeling the same thing I was. Stupid. "But anyway, Let's keep moving. The more we move without breaks, the faster we'll get there. And that means we get to safety faster." Sgt. rudo said, then continued walking.

.

.

.

.

.

No One's Pov:

A Few hours Later, Infront Of An old, rusty repair shop with overgrown weeds in the front yard and shattered windows, along with an old creaky white pickup truck on the side of the road next to it.

"Here we are." Sgt. rudo said, showing the group the building. "My Old Friend Here should Be Coming Out Any Minute." Sgt. rudo said. "Now Give Me A Moment." Sgt. rudo said, thundering down into the shop. A few minutes later, sgt. Rudo ran out, worried. "Listen, My Friend Al Is In danger, He's Being Held Hostage By Enzo." Sgt. rudo said to the group, confused. Not knowing who Al Or Enzo Guy Is. "....Al... Al Is My mechanic friend I was talking about." sgt. Rudo sighed, waving his hand. Julian nodded. "So I'm Guessing This 'Enzo' Man Is the Bad Guy Who's Holding Al Hostage?" Julian asked, Sgt. rudo nodded. "Okay... You're the adult here, What are we supposed to do? We can't do anything, but YOU can." Mya said, crossing her arms and staring Down Sgt. rudo. "Well, you all have a part in this. Plus you've met Enzo Before already." Sgt. rudo said, the gears turned in mya's head. No way... could It really be?- "The Guy that..." Mya asked. " The guy that sort-of almost killed us.... And The one I argued with? Yeah. That guy." Sgt. rudo sighed. "He's Up to no good, Is he?" Julian said. Sgt. rudo stared down, "Unfortunately not." Sgt. rudo said. Karis stared at him. "Well, I do Prefer 'Enzo' Over 'Stranger guy that tried to kill us.' Because, it makes it easier to keep up on this whole... whatever this is when they have actual names." Karis said, which resulted in the group to laugh a little bit. "Alright, let's go." Mya said, as they started to walk to the repair shop.
"Hello???" Julian shouted. Mya immediately placed her hand on his mouth as her way of telling him to be quiet. "Someone's Here, Aren't they?" Kennons shuddered. Sgt. rudo shot him a glance. "Were you not listening the whole time?" Sgt. rudo said, a bit ticked off. "I- No! No! O-Of course I Was.. I'm just saying I don't wanna get spooked by some rando-dando stranger out of the blue!" Kennon said nervously as a bead of sweat trickled down his temple in fear. "...Hmm." Sgt. rudo only hummed at that, and then kept moving.

.

.

.

.

.

And So then the 5 continued to walk and walk around the repair shop.. How could something so little on the outside be so massive in the inside?? "Ya Sure this is JUST a repair shop???" Julian asked sgt. Rudo, who turned to him. "I'm positive, It's just a little different." Sgt. Rudo Sighed, Shaking his head. "You Know, I-" Mya started but then a muffled scream tore across the corridors."WHAT?!" Sgt. Rudo said, he turned around. Everyone was together.. So it couldn't be one of them. But... It could be only one person, or TWO.

In A slightly dimmed room with a bunch of mechanical tools.

Enzo ripped out the crowbar out of Al's Right thigh. "WHERE ARE THEY?!" Enzo yelled at the restrained Al. "I... I-" Al Sniffled. Enzo pointed the crowbar that was coated with al's blood at him. "I'M ONLY GOING TO SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME. WHERE. THE. HELL. ARE THEY??!??!" Enzo screamed at Al. "I- I don't know! Benjamin Said He'd Be coming with some kids here! Listen- P-please!" Al said, Enzo's Face contorted into a furious scowl. "Don't Lie to me, Al." Enzo Said through gritted teeth. "I Don't have anything to do with this... just let me go!" Al pleaded. Enzo sighed, turning around, his back facing al. "They couldn't have gone far... I Swear I Am going to kill them. That's what they deserve for disrespecting us." Enzo said, laughing. Then Enzo stopped, slowly turning to Al. While clutching the crowbar tightly in his left hand. "I Can't let you live, Al. I Can't trust you that you won't go around and snitch." Enzo said, approaching Al Again. Raising the Crowbar above his head. "Say goodnight, pretty boy." Enzo Hissed, his words flowed out like venom on his tongue. The crowbar was coming down On Al Faster, until the door had bursted open.

To Be continued.

Word Count: 1251