'|.ʟᴇғᴛ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ.|'

The time me and dooka met a crazy capybara: Book 2, part 6

No one's pov:

"Hello?" Kennon said, Karis sneaked behind him to see what was going on and who was standing at the door. It was a Military guard who was just glowering down on Kennon. "Hello." the guard said, then responded again. "Based on the looks of it, it seems you have been left behind by the military truck.. Yes? We have sent out more scouts to search for stragglers that didn't make it to the truck in time.. I guess we've found you. Now you don't have to fear, you can come with us." the guard said. Kennon blinked in surprise "What's going on?!" Kennon asked. The guard shrugged, then spoke again. "We don't know, we've been trying to research and collect data of what caused the whole monstrous rodent incident." The guard said. "Nevermind that now, but come with us. We beg you.. Its for your safety." The guard said to kennon. Kennon was about to answer but karis popped in. "NO." Karis shouted at the guard, showing limited emotion.. The guard turned to Karis calmly. "Ah, there's two of you?" The guard said to Kennon, his eyes looked at him. Though his head never moved. Kennon gulped and slowly nodded. The guard's attention turned back to karis. "Why? Coming with us would be the safest option.. In a contained, controlled environment without being around those things every second of your li-" the guard went on a lecture trying to persuade kennon and karis, though mostly karis. Until karis interrupted. "NO. WE AREN'T GOING TO GO WITH YOU WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT BECAUSE WE AREN'T LEAVING MYA AND JULIAN BEHIND!" karis screamed at the guard who still kept his cool. "Kid, we'll find whoever those people you want to stay with so badly AFTER we get you two to safety. But I'm going to be honest, no one is lasting that long around those Things."

The guard spat out 'things' like it was venom on their tongue. Karis put her hands up and shook her head, scowling.

"No. we can't trust that you'll Try HARD enough to find them! Listen, Mya and Julian are our heart, and without them.. We'd fall apart. We'd be nothing. So please.. Just TRY to find them. We've been around those capybaras before.. Maybe no one else would last long, but they can. We've been around those capybaras before.. If we survived them before, we can survive them again. Don't underestimate us.." Karis said, while the guard listened intently.. Then raised a brow realizing what karis had said. "Wait- You have been around those capybaras before, survived them.. Outran them and you never reported it to the high ups?!" the guard snarled. "IF YOU HAD REPORTED IT TO AT LEAST SOMEONE WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION.. YOU BRAT!" the guard said, charging towards karis. Kennon tried to prevent the guard from attacking karis.. But to no avail, it'd be a 15-16 year old boy against a fully military trained middle aged adult. The guard shook kennon off like he was nothing, and smacked karis's face with the butt of his gun. "SIR! STOP! SHE'S INNOCENT-" Kennon screamed, as the guard went all out on karis who was bleeding. "BRUTUS! LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE AND JUST COME BACK.. THEY'LL LEARN WHY THEY SHOULD HAVE CAME WITH US SOON ENOUGH." one Sergeant yelled at the guard. The guard sighed and just stared at karis, then walked back to the helicopter. Sooner or later the helicopter flew off, leaving Kennon and Karis behind. "That was super professional." Karis said sarcastically but it flew right over Kennon's head. "Was Not." Kennon growled, and Karis shot a sharp glare at him. "I was being sarcastic, you idiot." Karis said, Kennon shrugged. "Dude, let's just get back inside." Kennon said in disappointment and walked back into the apartment.

W/ Julian and Mya

Mya's Pov:

We walked along the sidewalk, avoiding shattered window glass. We barely talked to each other.. It was just silence. I stare at the city that was once all well maintained.. Was now completely destroyed. Like if a giant just came in and just tore up everything.. Who knew capybaras.. That was proven to be one of the sweetest animals could do this? I wonder if our parents searched for us already at the camp the soldiers took literally the whole town to.. Well not the whole town because.. Me and julian. If karis and kennon have gone too already with those soldiers.. Good for them, because if anything... they deserve to be safe. And so does Julian, if I had to get ripped apart by 100,000 capybaras over and over again if it meant my friends would be safe.. I'd gladly do so.... "I think we should stop and rest. We've been walking for a while." I mutter, not bothering to look at julian. Though he just nodded, silent. We sat at a bench. "So.... what's the plan?" Julian asked, I shook my head. "We'll just have to stick together, no matter what. Once we find karis and kennon.. We'll figure out what we'll do, but until then.. Let's just focus on the present." I say... Julian looked away and nodded again. We'll be there for eachother.. Forever... no matter what or how much it takes.. We're going through this.. Together. And that's all that matters.

To be continued.

Word count: 906