'.𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓝𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓵 𝓴𝓲𝓭𝓼 .'

The time me and dooka met a crazy capybara, book 2: part 2

No one's pov:

For a moment, everything went static and fuzzy. Karis was soon thrown out the den, cave... whatever it was.. But somehow she was in an alleyway, with a mysterious door behind her. "MYA, WHERE ARE YOU?!" Karis shouted, but no one responded. Not even a single sound. First, they were together.. But now.. Separated for like the 2nd time? Why.. How is this possible?! How could they even end up in different places?! Was this the same for julian? Karis shook off her surprise and scrambled up. Running out the alleyway, hoping mya just ran ahead of her when she wasn't looking.. Not in any danger at all.

w/ Julian:

Julian's Pov:

I laid in my bed, still too shooken up to do anything, I feel really guilty about not going back to mya and karis..like kennon said, hopefully they'll be okay and aren't dead or anything. I stare outside my window.. watching as people walk their dogs and kids ride their bikes along the sidewalk. How lucky are they to have a normal life, without having to fear anything that sounds like something somebody'd make up in a fantasy story? Karis Reappeared In My window. "It's not your fault." Karis said to Me, hopefully she wont do all that distorted scary things like she did last time, I arch a brow..

Skeptical and confused. What did she mean 'this wasn't my fault' was I supposed to not blame myself,chalk it all up to an accident andI SHOULD have left them behind? Not that it was my choice.. "You should seriously stop Blaming yourself, you did what you could.. Don't beat yourself up over it." Karis said. I sigh, shaking my head. I'm definitely going to look crazy now, as it seems from a stranger's perspective, or my dad's or sister's perspective.. It Probably looks like I'm talking to my own reflection.. But I'm not. What if this is actually Karis sending a message? So I respond back anyway. "No, this is sincerely All my fault, I should've gone back for you two." I argue, Karis blinked in surprise and annoyance. "Julian. Listen.. To Me. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. SO STOP." Karis snarled, sounding like she just wanted me to listen to her words and forgive myself. "But.. last time?-" I reluctantly reminded karis. Who just rolled her eyes, most likely wanting me to stop my rant. but I kept on going. "You said it was all my fault.." I mutter, then look at karis in the window's reflection after a few minutes. "I was.. Just mad??" Karis said, but she also looked like she didn't know what I was talking about at the same time. I exhale in annoyance. "You told the truth the first time, karis. Don't Try to sugarcoat it now.."I mutter, Karis shook her head. "listen..me and mya will be okay.. Just.. take care of yourself for now, and uh..continue going back to school.. Alright?" Karis said awkwardly. I give a sad smile. Before I could say anything else.. My dad walked in. "..HI." My dad said, I wave. "So..what's been goin' on? What you've been doin'?" My dad asked. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out, I look back to the window in the same spot Karis's reflection on the window was, but only that she wasn't there anymore. I look back at my dad. "Uh... nothing! Everythings been all right."I nod nervously, hoping he wouldn't suspect anything. "Okay, Just get ready for bed in 10 minutes." My dad said, before leaving and closing the door. I checked my phone, I couldn't believe it was already 9 PM.. Was i really that busy talking to Karis's Reflection, that i don't even know if it's really her or not??

15 minutes later.

I've got ready for bed, as now I'm walking out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth. I'm Making my way back to my room now. "Bye, cami... Goodnight."I wave to my little sister before going into my room.

I lay in my bed and sigh, Checking the time. 9:30 P.M in a few hours and it'll officially be 2 days without my two best friends i love in the whole world. I stare at my wallpaper. It was me,Karis, and mya all huddled up in the camera.. Doing the craziest faces we could think of. When we were happy.

.

.

.

.

When we were normal kids... maybe in another universe things could have worked out differently.

To be continued.

Word count:  760