'.Suddenly, the world doesn't feel all that lonely anymore.'

The Time Me And Dooka met a Crazy capybara: book 4, part 14.

W/ Mya And Karis.

Setting: in that newly-found hidden room in the military base.

Mya's POV:

For a while, it was just the silence. Nothing else.. Silence. At this point, The two of us didn't even hear the intimidating, bone-chilling sounds of the capybaras anymore. I turned to karis, and it seemed like even she Didn't Know how long we've been like this, How long the World has been like this.. It makes me feel lost, and alone.. Helpless and weak. I... I hated that It had to be like this. I was broken hearted. You see, Being broken hearted is like having broken ribs, on the outside.. You look fine. But you aren't fine, because every breath hurts. You feel Like you can't even do Anything, And I Feel Like our whole world ... is just coming down on us. All that, and we can't even redeem ourselves and try to put this living hell to an end, that we can't go back to the past and stop this from ever happening. All we can really do is just drown, drown away in a puddle of shame and guilt. And I just hate that We had to be right in the middle of this, And how our 'positive' mindset is slowly becoming more and more nonexistent each second. And sometimes I wonder if everything could've worked out differently in another universe, lifetime.. Or if we'll just all end up suffering the same fate, over and over again. All I Ever wanted is for this to be over with, How I could just go back and change everything and hope that it would go in a different direction.. So now, that is why I do not let my curiosity consume me. My curiosity is what caused us this. It caused us fear, despair, desperation, and absence of hope. All of that falls into the same category. And that category thoroughly explains our experience and pain we go through. 'Unlucky fate.' and I'm so in my head, I... I barely hear karis practically yelling at me about something. But not in her normal 'I-Hate-you-so-much-just-die' tone of voice, but something about it tells me that she seems happy.. Or- scared, I can't really tell. Like I said, I'm too much in my head right now. "Mya! I- I think I see them!" That's what catches my attention. My head rises up in her direction so aggressively to the point it's probably enough to snap my neck. It's them. It's really them. It's Julian and Sgt. Rudo, They're back. They're literally alive and back. Karis was smiling so wide I was sure her face might break. But I couldn't help but smile too, after close to 5 days of kennon and the other 2 being gone and with karis just being here to accompany me.. It was stressful, but the outcome was worth it. Because now I know two of my friends might just be okay. "Ah! You stupid, dumb, great Idiots! I thought you were done for!!" Karis exclaims full of joy, tackling both Sgt. Rudo and Julian Into A Massive bear hug. Julian and I lock eyes.. With only his silence and wistful expression that was In his face, I could only imagine what happened. Julian was broken, scared, exhausted. And most of all, he needed a break. A Well-deserved one. "..So?" I croak out to Julian. As If He knew telepathically what were the next few words awaiting in my mind to be spoken, he slowly shook his head.

 My heart drops to my stomach. No Kennon. "We Couldn't find him, We've- We've searched for a long time Mya, I don't know what else to say." Julian stumbles over his words as his eyes frantically dart everywhere except into mine. After moments of stunned silence and being completely tongue tied.. I force myself to Say something. "It's Okay." I whisper, And Julian's eyes slowly meet the floor. His body language and sudden silence was most likely due to him not believing my weak reassurance, But I don't blame him for anything that has happened and what caused all of this. I wouldn't believe myself either. It's just Way too mind boggling to have one that you're close to.. Just be gone. Vanished, no trace of them to be seen. I glance over to Sgt. Rudo and Karis who are just staring at us with Surprised, startled expressions. I turn back to julian. We both share a serious, determined expression. He Nods, and I keep my gaze on him for a few seconds, before slowly turning my head to Sgt. Rudo And karis. "Let's just focus on the positives.. And try to stay optimistic and believe. It's the best we can do." I say. It's hard to tell my friends that. And sgt. Rudo. Sgt. Rudo thinks for a moment. "...I guess you're right. It is the only thing that can keep us on our feet and keep moving. We can't afford to be negative, at least right now. And I'll still try my best to keep everyone safe. You all can count on me." Sgt. Rudo says, and It's good to know that we have a stable ground, and an Trustworthy person to rely on and lean against."I Agree with both of you, actually. We will find kennon, even if it takes us years. We will accomplish that. I promise all of you with all my heart we can do that." Julian smiles. And Karis nods, her smile growing bigger. I'm glad we can all agree on something for once. And We know... we know that it's going to be okay. No matter what. Soon, we'll be a Complete group of 5 again. We're doing great so far, at least that's what I think. I guess we will just have to keep going and not give up, it seems cheesy, I know. But hopefully it's true. For now, we need to rest. And soon we'll be back on our journey again. As Long as we have each other, we'll be okay. I look over at Julian, Sgt. Rudo, And Karis. And now, this is when I learned that it's much, much better.. Sticking together, being a group. A family. Then being alone, by yourself. Through the stress and midst of chaos.. We'll have to find the light in every gloomy situation. And right now, We'll Make the best of what we've got.

To Be continued.

Word count: 1084