'.𝟺𝟻 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs.'

The Time Me And Dooka Met A Crazy Capybara: Book 4, Part 7

Setting: In the stranded, empty streets that once were lively and full.

W/ Corniyah, Elona And Masoma.

No one's Pov/3rd Person.

"We've been walking for hours.." Masoma says, completely defeated. No One bothered to respond back. For a while it was just, Silence. No one knew what to say... So they all just continued to walk and just think of the worst and best possible scenarios of where the rest of their friends are and what's happening to them. Little do they know about what's going to unfold right in front of their eyes once they find their friends.. "Can we Eat something?" Masoma asks, her eyes desperately eyeing the duffle bag full of their food and snacks. Elona sighs, shaking her head. "No, Masoma.. This has to last at least 2 weeks." Elona explains in the calmest way possible. "I just want an apple, Or something.." Masoma begs again. "Masoma, Quit pestering." Corniyah snarls. Elona stifles a Laugh, trying to stay out of this as much as possible. Masoma pouts, and then turns to the two. "Lighten up." Masoma says, but they ignore her again for the second time. "..We can stop here for a little while." Corniyah mutters, sitting down on the curb while shedding off her backpack and dropping it down to the side of her. "Wow! Okay, Bet, Bro." masoma chirped happily and plopped down beside Corniyah. "Sooo.. what do you guys wanna do?" Elona says whilst looking down at Oliver and stroking his smooth head.. It seems that This dog almost NEVER stopped wagging his tail. Constantly happy with his head in the clouds. Masoma secretly snuck some doritos out of her backpack and began eating it. No one paid attention to her at all due to their minds being overfilled with stress and trauma. "...This isn't So Bad After all." Masoma murmured, then shrugged then continued happily eating away at her chips like it was some normal day.

.

.

.

.

.

W/ Mya and Karis

Setting: In the same hidden corner at the Military base.

Karis's POV/1st person.

It has been around 45 minutes since we had stopped arguing. 45 Minutes Since Julian had left us alone. 45 minutes of anger and sadness. (I honestly never thought it was going to end.) I thought to myself. See, Its obvious that I am clearly done with arguing with people in general, let alone Mya. We Never really got along that well In school together, Honestly.. If this had never happened to us.. I think we might have continued with our weird, rude and spiteful ways directed towards one another. If this never happened, I still think we wouldn't have hated each other THAT Much. Because Since Julian was Friends with the both of us, We'd Probably have to come across each other quite often.. Often enough for us to SLIGHTLY grow on one another.. I had brought My attention towards mya, briefly.. Only for a few seconds. And saw that she was most likely in a Down Spiral of 'What Ifs' or Deep thoughts about this whole Incident. "Ahem." I clear my throat, Trying to start a new, fresh conversation. Close to an hour was enough time to flip a new page, Right? "Hm? What? Speed it up, No Need for the dramatic starter." Mya says impatiently.. Which ticks me off. No. No. Karis, We're supposed to have a fresh start. Not a continuation to our argument that was close to an hour ago. "I'm gettin' to it, Genius." I say, sneaking in a quick, one last snarky remark. "What I'm Trying to say Is that I'm starting to get worried about Julian and Kennon." Karis says, Mya scoffs lightly. Wowww.. Kind of offended right now. "And?" Mya says. I let out a heavy, deep exhale. I clench my fists, not really wanting to explain my statement deeper than what I had just said. How Did she just not get it? I shot her a quick, but subtle look.. It was long enough for me to get my point across. As If She Knew Telepathically.. She stared wide eyed and went stiff, furrowing her brows and shaking her head. "If you're thinking-" Mya starts but I cut her off immediately. "Yes, Yes Mya. That's exactly what I'm thinking." I Nod quickly, closing my eyes. "I- Are you crazy? We can't do that!!" Mya says, clearly freaking out. I take a deep breath before Responding. "Well, If Showing Concern and Taking a step forward to help our friends Is somehow now considered 'crazy'... Then Yes, I Am Crazy." I Say.. Mya doesn't respond, she just keeps quiet. I honestly don't understand how this is extremely hard for mya to take this all In. "Mya, I don't know Where That Girl that always dove In head first to everything if it meant saving her friends.. Is anymore, but the mya I'm talking face to face with.. The mya that's acting a coward, a fool, the opposite of a former leader.. Is DEFINITELY not her. That Mya I talked to 2+ months ago in that cave Is Long gone now, Huh. GONE WHEN WE NEEDED SOMEONE LIKE THAT IN OUR LIFE THE MOST?!" I yell, Tears welling up in my eyes. My entire body is shaking, I just can't take this anymore. I sniffle. Mya just stares at me... upset, nervous.. But most of all.. Broken. I slowly cool down, collecting my thoughts again. "..If we don't do anything now and its this bad.. Then we'll never get anywhere, will we?" I say, turning away from mya. I pace around the room, anxious. "Listen.. I know you're scared, stressed out, completely anxiety-filled. I get that, its just that-" Mya says, voice quavering. I jump in again. My heart pounding with anger. "You.." I tremble. "You Don't Know NOTHING. About me, NOTHING! You don't know.. What I've been through." I swiftly turn around to face her, my face completely heated up. "Karis- I want to do something but arguing isn't the solution!"Mya shot back. I ignore her response. "You don't know my pain... you don't know my happiness.. You don't know Kennon's happiness, Julian's Happiness.. Because.. You don't care. You're too much of a damn coward now." I say, and so many emotions Run through mya's face. But I could care less, why should I care? "You're toxic." I say, the horrible words running smoothly off my tongue. I had no remorse, she deserved it. She deserves it because She can't even gather the strength to get out of this small corner and save our friends and be a real hero. "Our Friends are going to die because of you. They could be getting ripped apart right now, and you're stalling." I sniffle. "You Don't have a say in this. And you won't until you grow some balls and help me save our friends. Until then, stay a coward. But I'm not waiting any longer..Maybe Its A good thing kennon took charge instead of you..Because atleast Now,  He helped us all this time.. even if he was a little late to the party." I say, preparing to leave. I won't hide with her anymore, I won't be LIke the Mya I know now. I can't.

To Be continued.

Word Count: 1213