.|𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫|.

The Time Me and Dooka Met a crazy capybara: Book 3, part 4

W/ Kennon And Daisy(The baby capybara).

No one's Pov:

There was a thump not too far from Daisy And Kennon, which caused the two to jerk awake. Daisy sneezed and shifted the other way In Kennon's Lap. On the other hand, Kennon was wide awake now... his heart racing, nearly beating out of his chest. "Stay with me." Kennon muttered, now putting Daisy in his Hoodie Pouch, which garnered an angry, confused squeal from Daisy. "Shhh.. Stay quiet." Kennon said, hoping she would stay silent and not make any necessary random capybara noises. Kennon reached for his stick but something had stepped on it, breaking it in one... clean... SNAP. Kennon gasped, slowly looking upwards. "WOAH!" Kennon yelped, seeing a Burly scarred Capybara. "H-hey, easy there. I don't mean to bring any harm, we- we musta got off on the wrong foot, Even though I met you for like a minute now... BUT... I don't mean to hurt you." Kennon said, putting his hands up, trying to prove himself harmless to the capybara.. Which wouldn't have been the best idea, because the capybara could've seen that as an opportunity to kill him if he just submitted to the capybara, which clearly meant to this capybara and every other animal. "Hey.... there, Calm down." Kennon chuckled nervously, seeing the capybara taking a step closer. I clutch Daisy to my chest.

"Don't hurt us." Kennon said, staring up at the towering capybara. The capybara glared down at the two, and snarled. 'HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!' Kennon thought to himself. A capybara snarling like a dog is surely something you don't see everyday. The capybara lunged at the 2, but another came and tackled the attacking capybara out of the way. "WOAH!" Kennon exclaimed, scrambling back. Kennon watched in fear and nervousness as the two adult capybara's battled (To the death, at this point.) "This is our cue to leave, Little one." Kennon said softly to Daisy, stroking her silky, soft back and ran to the basement door. "Come on, come on!!" Kennon nervously opened up the basement door, then ran out into the dark living room, then charged for the main door, just a few steps forward and he'll be able to get out. Kennon could still hear the capybaras battling downstairs, and he continued to escape. Kennon opened the main door and threw himself outside onto the pavement sidewalk and grass, hyperventilating and gasping. "Ugh.... woah, I'm free. WE'RE FREE!" Kennon laughed, hugging Daisy tightly. "Alright, girl. We should get going... and catch up with the others." Kennon said, standing up and walking. "Hopefully they'll accept you, yeah?" Kennon scratched behind Daisy's ear. "...Guys?" Kennon looked up, as he saw familiar figures in the distance, he picked up his pace... though not too fast just for the sake of not scaring Daisy.

.

.

.

.

.

.

W/ Julian, Sgt. Rudo, Karis And Mya.

Sgt Rudo's POV:

I had heard some yelling in the distance, Though I hadn't thought much of it... hopefully it's nothing that can be a threat to us, that is. "Keep'a Moving, We'll find him soon enough." I had said to the kids, as I assumed they might have heard it as well. I still kept the AR-15 Drawn close to my side. There weren't many capybaras out on the street anymore since the past Hour, but better safe then sorry. "GUYS!"

The same sound previously had come yet again, but louder this time. It had been easier to make out what it was or what it was saying, now that it didn't sound like a bunch of faint incoherent noises. "Kennon?" Karis had said, turning around. "Are we sure we've found him already? It could be a trap... we should keep moving.. Like I said, kids." I ordered, not wanting to face danger another time. "But Sir, It could really be him!" Julian added, joining in to karis's pleading. "It would be nice to have our group whole again and not have to worry about one of our friends possibly in a life or death situation." Mya had agreed, nodding. I scan over the three children..... Still debating whether or not to give in and listen to them... why do they have to be so difficult? I'm not trying to get us killed here..... Even if knowing a kid possibly is in danger, partially of what mya had said. "You all aren't wrong... but we'll have to be careful while doing this.. I'm not against it, just saying." I reluctantly had agreed to do it.. And I am now mentally facepalming as I've now come to the realization that I had agreed to an stupid, weak, unstable plan and suggestion made by a group of young teenagers. 'This should go well.' I thought to myself, pacing around. "Wait, It's really kennon!" Karis said, smiling as the young boy had approached the group, with something?....

...

No One's Pov:

"Hey, Y'all!" Kennon grinned brightly, giving each one of them a hug. "I've Been wondering where you were." Was the first thing mya had said to him when it was time for kennon to greet her in the line of his interactions to the other four. "Oh, Um... yeah about that, I'm sorry about earlie-" Kennon started, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.. But mya interjected. "Don't be. If anyone here should be apologizing, it should be me. I've been a jerk, I walked away before you even got the chance to give your full reasoning. If I could go back in time and take back all of what I had said, I would. And you're a great leader, I hope you know that... I couldn't imagine anyone different... not even me." Mya gave a weak laugh at her own remark at the end. Kennon smiled and nodded, opening his mouth to speak but karis rushed over.... Sort of ruining the touching moment. "Aww, What is that? Is that a dog?" Karis gestured to Daisy. Kennon stared at her in confusion, looked down at Daisy who was sound asleep in his hoodie pouch, then looked back up at Karis. "What? Oh no. Oh no no no." Kennon had laughed in amusement. "That is daisy." he said, gingerly touching the baby capybara's head. "Oooh! Nice, can I hold it?" Karis said eagerly. Kennon thought for a moment. "Her. and Sure, just don't drop her or anything.''Kennon said, taking Daisy out of his hoodie pouch and handed her to karis. "Where'd you find her?" karis asked, looking down at the young capybara. "Her head was stuck in a jar in a basement, not sure how it happened or how she got down to the basement in the first place... but it just did." Kennon explained, which caused the 3 to look at kennon.... Even Sgt. Rudo perked up. "Really?" Mya said, actually quite curious now. Kennon slowly nodded, then shifted his attention to Karis, Julian and Sgt. Rudo. "I suppose I'm going to become a storyteller right this moment?" Kennon laughed nervously. "You bet you are." Julian said. Karis nodded. "He's correct." Karis smiled, Mya shrugged. "You better tell us the whole thing or I'm going to dropkick you." Mya said, Sgt. rudo rolled his eyes at mya's previous threat to kennon. "I don't mind what you do... but make it quick." Sgt. rudo said, with a serious but soft expression. "Yes, sir..." Kennon said, then inhaled. "OKay... here we go." Kennon said... ready to tell the story and tell the 4 his miniature journey he had when he was gone for that little while.

To be continued.

Word count: 1270