Stress.

The Time Me And Dooka Met A Crazy Capybara: Book 4, Part 4

Setting: Throughout the military base.

Julian's POV:

I Step over the debris that was scattered across the ground, the blood and dirt stained socks that barely clung to my feet did very little to keep me comfortable. "Where is he?" I mutter to myself, while slightly moving a spider web that was messily hanging from the wall and blocking my view, I'm still not going to make too much if a ruckus, Incase capybaras or enzo are nearby. I heard a snap, I flinch. I swiftly turn around and sca my surroundings, I'm ready to defend myself If I need to. I thought back to my old self-defense classes and mentally went over the least and most effective moves.. (I guess this is when it'll finally come in handy, yeah?) I thought.. I was a little apprehensive but I had quite some experience, and I reassured myself that I don't have to be that nervous or paranoid just yet.. Because I don't know If it's an actual threat or not.. (Its still making me feel uneasy, though.) I thought as I gulp. There was an unidentifiable yelp in the distance, but It sounded nothing like a human.. Let alone Kennon. Which is a good sign, right? And this is when I decide to take the risk. "Hello??" I shout, no response. Now I'm really starting to feel like I'm in one of those horror movie scenes, and I completely hate it. And thats saying a lot, since I'm known for the psycho, thrill seeking-adventure kind of person.. But um.. yeah. Footsteps began to approach, and my heart got caught in my throat, (Don't panic- don't panic- dont-) I thought desperately, heart thumping faster than ever. "All Alone now, Boy?" A deep, unsettling voice bellowed from behind me. I reluctantly turned around, Sgt. Rudo. I let out a huge sigh of relief, I simply nodded, more like several times. "Why's that? Got lost?" Sgt. Rudo asked, my eyes crinkled. "Ehh, Kinda?" I say, a bit embarrassed. Sgt. rudo stares at me blankly, and So then I spoke again quickly. "Cause- You see, Me, Mya, Kennon and karis were all sitting around and hiding and waiting for enzo and the capybaras to clear out and so then-" I start, but Sgt. Rudo cuts in. "I Don't need a Whole Life story, just cut to the vital part." Sgt. Rudo demanded, I shook a bit. Now he wasn't all that friendly like he was before we got brought here.. Its like we've never met, and are complete total strangers and that we've taken a step back with our bonding. "Uh.. So then All 3 of us were talking." I try to finish it as quickly as I can. "And then kennon was acting a bit off, you know?" I chuckle lightly, trying to get sgt. Rudo to stop staring at me like he wished he could kill me with his own eyes type of look. "Off as In Like.. Very quiet." I say, putting a bit of emotion into this, staring down at my open hands as my brow creases. "It was so, Very-" I pause, trying to find the right words, but then my train of thought gets very much cut off when I see sgt. Rudo swiftly turning around and walking away. "Wh- Hey!" I cry out, feeling a bit offended and I chase after him. "And So I tell mya and karis that I'm going to go find kennon, I don't think they cared all that much though. And So I leave our little hideout spot, and the rest is history." I finish up.. And Sgt. Rudo still did not respond. "Soo.." I say, whistling. And when I say this is awkward.. Like VERY awkward. "You still shouldn't be roaming alone unsupervised, Even if Both Enzo and the capybaras aren't around right now." Sgt. rudo speaks to me in a stern, annoyed tone. "...Well, I am now. The damage is done. Sorry!" I say, and I continue to talk and talk and talk. Until sgt. Rudo stops and turns to me with a serious expression. "You're either going to keep your trap shut for the rest of the time... Or else The capybaras are going to have a nice feast by the end of the night." Sgt. rudo says, I don't understand what he means by that. "But Benjamin- I mean Sgt. Rudo, Why are you acting so diff-" I say frantically, he never acted like this before.. "Because this is a Serious situation that one can't afford to act foolish." Sgt. rudo immediately Responded in a harsh tone. "Do you want to find your friend or not? Because you can easily just go and I'll deal with this alone and just me alone." Sgt. rudo says, I open my mouth but nothing comes out. "I..."

.

.

.

.

W/ Corniyah, Elona & Masoma.

Setting: Inside the treehouse

No One's POV/3rd person-Ish.

"Are you serious? Was It actually them?" Elona says, open-mouthed. Corniyah Reluctantly nods.. She didn't quite know herself, and she didn't want her team and herself to get their hopes up just for it to not be anything close to half of what they were expecting. "Then we should go find them." Masoma says eagerly, standing up. Corniyah and Elona are quite surprised by Masomas sudden demand and statement. "Wait- Woah, woah, woah. Masoma.. Girl, We can't just dive In headfirst without a plan! You know how dangerous that is?!" Elona says, baffled. Masoma turns to her. "And? This whole situation is dangerous." Masoma says, Corniyah and Elona both knew she had a point.. But they had been doing so well and they were too scared to just mess up.. Even with how much they wanted their friends. "We need to think of a thick, sturdy and stable plan that won't backfire. We won't. We can't allow for that to happen.. Or else we'll be in serious danger." Corniyah says, and everyone agrees to that. And Oh, They couldn't just imagine what would happen if this plan was a fail.. Which is exactly why they need to think this through rationally if they want to have both them and their friends to have all the blood inside of their body. "Well, Operation: Friend rescue.. Here we come." Elona says, Masoma pumps her fist and corniyah remains apprehensive. "So... What should we get to prepare?" Corniyah asks.. And the other two go silent. "Hmmm.. We can start off with something simple and minor, like just packing our stuff." Elona suggests, and Masoma gets really aggravated at that. "Girl I know you ain't complaining, you were literally so eager to get out of this tree house why are you so angry about it now?" Elona snaps, and Masoma rolls her eyes. "..Guys, Stop arguing." Corniyah says, trying to put a feeble stop at a forming argument. (These girls bro.. They'll be the death of me.) Corniyah thought, and for the rest of the hour, the group was taking turns keeping watch, packing up and just simply resting.

3 hours had passed and Now It was Elona's turn to pack up and for masoma to keep watch outside for any danger(..We have a long, rocky road ahead of us.. Don't we?) Corniyah thought, before drifting off to sleep.

To Be continued.

Word Count: 1226