99 | you can live off of cereal for weeks

S3 E13great expectations

S3 E13
great expectations

MADDISON, LIAM, MEREDITH, DEREK and Burke sit in the living room at Burke's apartment, having dinner.

"Meredith, Maddison, would you like seconds?" Burke asks the girls.

"Thanks, but I'm good." Maddison smiles at the attending.

"I'm great. Maybe Cristina would like some." Meredith replies, pointing to Cristina, who was sitting on the counter, eating cereal. "Cristina would you like some?"

"I only made dinner for 5." Burke tells her.

"You just said there was seconds." Meredith says.

"This isn't at all... awkward." Derek mutters.

"No in the slightest." Liam adds, sarcastically.

"You know, we could go, and you two could talk." Meredith tells them.

"We're talking." They both say at the same time.

"She meant to each other." Maddison tells them. "I can't enjoy my food in all of this tension."

"You're enjoying your meal at the international house of silence?" Meredith adds. "Burke, you have to feed Cristina. She doesn't cook and she will starve."

"I've got cereal!" Cristina defends.

"She's got a point." Maddison nods. "You can live off of cereal for weeks."

"Wait, is that where all the four boxes I bought went?" Liam turns to the intern.

"I get hungry in the middle of the night." Maddison shrugs.

"You two live together." Meredith says to Cristina and Burke. "Someone has to be the first to speak."

"I am giving a dinner party. If she wants to sit there she can sit there." Burke replies. "Let's just enjoy our evening and talk about something else."

"I heard a crazy rumor today from one of the scrub nurses that Richard was retiring." Derek says.

"It's an interesting rumor." Burke comments, and Cristina snorts in disbelief.

"What?" Derek raises an eyebrow. "It's true?"

"Richard's retiring?" Liam asks, also surprised.

"Richard's going to name a new chief of surgery?" Derek questions.