96 | you don't get emotional warfare

S3 E11six days: part 1

S3 E11
six days: part 1

"LAURA GREY-THOMPSON. Born four days ago with Jejunal Atresia." Meredith presents, as they stand in the NICU. "Corrected surgically. Post-op course-"

The door opens, and Meredith's dad walks in.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I interrupting?" Thatcher asks, looking around the room. "Her mom and grandma have the flu. They asked me to get an update."

"Oh, she's doing very well Mr. Grey. We'll be out of here in just a minute." Addison tells him.

"Dr. Grey, you were saying?" Bailey turns to Meredith.

"Excuse me, I'll just come back later." Thatcher tells them, and he nods, walking out"

"Grey?" Bailey repeats, but Meredith stands frozen, making Maddison hit Cristina's arm and motion for her to take the chart from Meredith.

"Um, Laura Grey-Thompson had some dilation of the bowels on x-ray this morning." Cristina presents, taking over for Meredith. "We need to do a barium enema."

"DR. GREY, YOU'RE WITH Dr. William, so I'd like you to stick with Mr. O'Malley this week." Bailey assigns the cases to the interns. "Yang, pit." Cristina walks off.  "Karev, Sloan. Little Sloan, Shepherd-"

"Little Sloan?" Maddison makes a face. "Really?"

"You want to continue this conversation, which is going to end with me putting you on scut for the rest of the week, or do you want to go find your attending?" Bailey doesn't even look at the interns.

"Have a nice day, Dr. Bailey." Maddison replies, rushing away.

"Stevens, prep Heather Douglas for surgery." Bailey continues to assign. "O'Malley, you taking the rest of this week off?"

"HEY, I NEED A CBC and Chem 7 on Harold O'Malley." Meredith tells the technician, who was standing at the blood lab.