123 | take a guess

S4 E1a change is gonna come

S4 E1
a change is gonna come

MADDISON STANDS AT A NURSE'S STATION and turns the page of the patient's chart she was reading, when her five new interns approach her.

She leans on the tables and turns to them.

"Hi, I'm Sophia." The happy-go-lucky person of the bunch, Sophia Martin introduces.

"Yeah, I will not remember that." Maddison cuts her off, turning to the others. "Let's see." She turns to the pretty asian girl, probably going to be the competitive one. "You'll be thing 1." She points to Sophia, the cute looking girl, who seemed to be the one to be extremely emphatic. "Thing 2." She turns to the last girl, who had chocolate brow skin, and a delinquent like personality. "Thing 3." Then the south Asian guy, who looked like he would be the comedian. "Thing 4." She finally turns to the sweet looking Korean guy. "Thing 5."

The interns exchange looks, not knowing what to do.

"Um-" Nora Scott, aka thing 3 tires to say.

"No." Maddison simply replies, making the girl stop talking. Maddison looks at each of her intern. "I have five rules. Memorize them. Rule number one, don't bother sucking up, I already hate you, that's not gonna change." Maddison tells them. "Trauma protocol, phone lists, pagers." The new resident points at the stuff on the desk, as steps away, as her interns start to grab what they need. "Nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run." Maddison was already a few steps away, when she turns back to call out to them. "A run, that's rule number two." They all rush to catch up to her, as they walks through the walkway. "Your first shift starts now and lasts forty-eight hours. You're interns, grunts, nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain, you run labs, write orders, work every second night till you drop and you don't complain!"

As she lists, she interns follow her and some write down what she was saying.

Maddison opens the door to an on call room.

"On call rooms. Attendings hog them, sleep when you can, where you can." Maddison tells them, turning to the five. "And preferably not with anyone." They nod. "And then rule number three, if I'm sleeping, don't wake me, unless your patient is actually dying. Rule number four, the dying patient better not be dead when I get there, not only would you have killed someone, you would have also woke me for no good reason, we clear?"