Chapter One Hundred Sixteen - The Rusted Knight

After finding the Blue Ring, Razer and Aya along with Saint Walker regrouped with the others who had managed to gather the ingredients for the Grow-gurt Parfait ingredients. They soon met up with Ruby who managed to find the Teapot Lady. Suddenly some fireworks go off, the crowd goes to see it.

Yang: Woohoo, a festival!

The crowd begins to scream and everyone runs for their lives, the fireworks saying the word "DANGER" in green.

Yang: Or not?

The Teapot Lady screams and quickly takes away the items by sucking in with her spout. The Cat hangs on to the jar they found.

Ruby: Wait, please! We need those leprechaun's nose hairs!

Teapot Lady: No time!

Ruby: Here! I'll give you this! I-It carries a mother's promise!

As Ruby hands the Teapot Lady her brooch, she runs away.

Curious Cat: This....is exceedingly bad...

Blake: Wait. What's a Jabberwalker?

Curious Cat: It's a truly terrible creature. If the Jabberwalker eats one of us, we do not ascend.

Weiss, Blake, and Yang gasp.

Razer: Saint Walker and I will hold back the Jabberwalker! 

Yang: How do we make the parfait thing?

The Cat uncorks the jar of nose hairs with their mouth and places it on the table.

Curious Cat: Toss everything in here. But be careful, eat too much and we'll have to shrink you back again. And that's a completely different potion.

Ruby tosses everything together in a span of a few seconds, and the Parfait is prepared. Aya, Weiss, Blake and Yang run forward and take a scoop of it in their hands, consuming it. They start to grow a little bigger, bigger than the parfait cup.

Blake: It wasn't enough!

The Jabberwalker then appears, breaking a vendor booth. It notices Team RWBY and charges toward them.

Jabberwalker: FOUND. GRAB. MAIM. KILL.

Little screams. Ruby grabs her friends in her arms and uses her Semblance to dodge out of the way, but the Jabberwalker hits her with its tail. The parfait falls away from Ruby's arms. Some of it spills on the Jabberwalker, who wipes it off.

Weiss: No!

The Jabberwalker starts to grow bigger from the spilled parfait. Ruby holds her friends in her arms and runs away. Razer and Saint Walker attack the Jabberwalker, but the creature proves stronger than usually and overpowers the two Lanterns. 

Jabberwalker: PREY. EAT. DEVOUR.

The Jabberwalker chases after Ruby. Suddenly, Hawker shows up swooping in on his wings and tackling the Jabberwalker to the ground.

Curious Cat: Run!

Ruby: What is he doing here?!

Curious Cat: I gave him something new to do for the moment. Now go! Your friends need to get big again, or we're all Jabberwalker dinner!

The Jabberwalker grabs Hawker as Ruby runs towards the parfait. Hawker gets thrown into a booth, groaning in pain. The Jabberwalker stops Ruby again. Suddenly, another creature comes galloping in, with an armored warrior riding on top of it. The creature charges forward and bashes the Jabberwalker with its antlers.

Blake: It's the Rusted Knight!

With the newly arrived ally keeping the Jabberwalker occupied, Ruby runs towards the parfait. She sets Aya,  Weiss, Blake, and Yang down, and they take more scoops of the parfait in their hands, eating them. Ruby looks behind, before looking back to her teammates, now finally back to their regular sizes.

Aya: We must hurry!

Aya fires a barrage of Green Energy blasts on the Jabberwalker, allowing Razer and Saint Walker to press the attack on the Jabberwalker. Weiss, Blake, and Yang run forward to join the battle. Ruby looks on.

Curious Cat: Ruby! Follow me!

Ruby follows the Cat. The Rusted Knight leaps over the Jabberwalker with his Jackalope mount. The Jabberwalker tries to charge forward, but is held down by Weiss' black glyph. The Jabberwalker tries to use its tail, but it gets wrapped by Gambol Shroud's ribbon. Yang then jumps on top of it, punching away.

Yang: I said....I wasn't done with you yet!

Weiss then launches the Jabberwalker into the air, followed by Blake swinging above and kicking it back down, before a Semblance-enhanced Yang punches it in the gut. Aya fires a steady beam of Green Energy on the Jabberwalker while Saint Walker lands several hits with his Staff. When Razer charges at the Jabberwalker, the Jabberwalker vomits acidic plasma blood on Razer. Razer was barely able to form a barrier to protect himself. The Jabberwalker then disappears into a light of red and pink, but the team looks on in shock.

Blake: Neo?!

A growl is heard. Another Jabberwalker emerges out from the water.

Rusted Knight: What?! There's only supposed to be one!

Multiple Jabberwalkers appear and surround everyone.

Jabberwalkers: Detecting... Searching... FOUND!

Rusted Knight: What? Run! This way!

The Knight gallops away on his jackalope mount, with Razer, Aya and Saint Walker along with Team RWBY following him. The Curious Cat then steps in and battles the Jabberwalker. This allows the group to escape inside the Lotus Flower.

Saint Walker: Something tells me that's not the last time we'll be seeing the Jabberwalker....

Aya: The Jabberwalker has the powers of a Red Lantern. How is that possible?

Razer: I don't know. I've...I've never seen anything like that before. 

At this point, the group redirected their attention to the Rusted Knight.

Blake: I can't believe it. The Rusted Knight, in person!

Rusted Knight: You did good, Juniper.

Juniper coos as the Rusted Knight pets them on the head. The Knight takes off his helmet and turns around to Team RWBY, showing them his familiar face. The Rusted Knight is revealed to be Jaune Arc, now older than Team RWBY. His blonde hair has grown longer tied in a lower ponytail, with white streaks in it, and has a full beard. There are also age lines under his eyes.

Jaune: Razer....Aya.....Saint Walker.....Team RWBY. You finally made it.

Tali and Team RWBY gasped in shock. In that moment, Razer and Aya along with Saint Walker and Team RWBY had been reunited with their friend Jaune Arc.