Chapter 2: A Welcome

Last time, Serena had just moved all the way from Kalos to Kanto and started attending the nearest Pokémon school. Dawn, a student Serena had bumped into, offered to show Serena around the school grounds, to which she accepted. Now, Dawn finishes showing Serena the area where the Pokémon catching class takes place.

DAWN: Well, that's pretty much it for the school grounds.

SERENA: Thank you so much, Dawn! I really needed a tour. Plus, it was fun!

DAWN: Well, I told you I would introduce you to my other friends, so why don't we head over to them right now? We hangout in the same place everyday before school.

Serena agrees, and puts Fennekin down to walk beside her.

SERENA: *Thinks* So far, school looks like it's a great place. Hope this keeps up.

When Dawn stops, they're in the woods with huge trees, and Serena can't spot anyone.

DAWN: We're here!

SERENA: *Confused* Um... Where is everyone?

Suddenly, the large tree in front of them rustles, and two vines drop down near the trunk. Dawn walks near the vines and faces away from the tree. The vines wrap around her waist and hoist her up, and Dawn disappears from Serena's sight. The vines then drop down again.

DAWN: *Voice a little muffled* Just do what I did!

SERENA: Okay!

Serena copies Dawn's actions, and soon enough, she's pulled up through the leaves. When she lands,  she's in what looks like a giant treehouse. Four of Serena's fellow students were lounging around.

DAWN: Okay, guys. So this here is Serena, and she's come all the way from Kalos to Kanto. The reason I'm late is because I was giving her a tour around the school.

SERENA: Um... hello, I guess!

A girl dressed in a red t-shirt, dark blue bike shorts, white skirt, a red bandanna with a white Poké Ball print and white gloves stands up.

MAY: Nice to meet you, Serena! I'm May. *Sends out a Torchic* This is Torchic, and the one that pulled you up with the vines was my Bulbasaur!

Next stood up a blond haired boy with an orange and white horizontally striped shirt with a weird hairdo. He seems really hyper, and has a lot of energy.

BARRY: *Yells* Wooh! Another member in this group! I'm Barry, don't forget that name!

EVERYONE: *Sighs* We won't...

A boy in a blue jumpsuit with glasses and a pretty large backpack rises from his chair.

CLEMONT: *Turns to bow at Serena* It's so very nice to meet you, Serena, and welcome! I am Clemont, and my hobby is... INVENTING!

MAY: *Snickers* Although most of them blow up after one try... Sometimes not even!

Clemont crashes to the ground, and everyone laughs.

The last boy in the group stands up. He wears a blue collared shirt with a black under shirt. He also wears dark blue jeans, and a red cap with a Poké ball symbol on it. A Pikachu is sitting on his shoulder.

ASH: Hey, Serena! My name's Ash, and this right here is Pikachu! Welcome to our group!