Chapter 14: The End of the Battle

Here's a little note to you readers:

I understand in Pokémon, Serena isn't strong or brave enough to actually challenge a Pokémon Hunter to a battle, so it may come to you as a little shock. However, two things- one, I like a bit of surprises, and two, it does add on to the Amourshipping. You see, I don't exactly favor the rushed relationship types of stories. Enjoy Chapter 14!

Last time, pushing all of her doubts to the back of her mind, Serena battles Pokémon Hunter J and uses all of her experience to pull off an incredible play. Will she be able to keep this up?

SERENA: Fennekin, use Flamethrower on Drapion! Sylveon, try to get in close as fast as you can and use Draining Kiss on Salamence!

J: Drapion, intercept the Sylveon with Poison Jab! Salamence, standby!

Salamence stands still as Drapion dodges the Flamethrower and successfully uses Poison Jab on Sylveon. Though it hit, it wasn't as powerful as it could've been, due to Fennekin's Flamethrower earlier.

SERENA: Sylveon! Can you still battle?!

SYLVEON: Syl... Sylveon!

ASH: *Thinks* Serena will be fine. Her courage will last until the very end. *Yells* Serena, Sylveon, Fennekin! You can do it!

SERENA: Thank you, Ash. Sylveon! Grab Fennekin and toss her onto Salamence's back! Fennekin, once your secure, use Flamethrower on Drapion!

J: What?!

Sylveon wraps her ribbon-like feelers around Fennekin and throws the Fire-type into the air. Fennekin lands on Salamence and hangs on to its neck.

SERENA: Now, Sylveon! Draining Kiss on Salamence!

J: The Fennekin on Salamence's back was both a distraction and a way for it to stay safe from my attacks!

CLEMONT: Amazing! Serena's landing two hits with no damage taken, and one of them is super-effective!

Fennekin opens its mouth and uses Flamethrower on Drapion once again, and while Salamence is still trying to shake Fennekin off, Sylveon uses Draining Kiss on it, a Fairy-type move.

J: *Laughs* Normal Pokémon would've fainted by then. But mine can hang in there.

SERENA: *Grins* But you see, I only needed to buy us some time. By now, they'll be here.

J: Buy time? Who?!

Just then, a motorcycle breaks in through the wall of the air craft. On it is Officer Jenny. She releases a Manectric.

OFFICER JENNY: *Points to J* You're under arrest for kidnapping Serena Yvonne and stealing multiple Pokémon to sell for money!

ASH: Serena was stalling so Officer Jenny could arrive and take you into custody with ease. Maybe they didn't faint, but you're Pokémon are tired out, aren't they?

Pokémon Hunter J realizes Ash is right. There's no way she could escape. While Officer Jenny deals with the criminal, the group gathers over to Serena.

BARRY: No way, I didn't know you could battle like that!

SERENA: *Sweat drops* Uh... No one has even seen me battle before. You're not the first!

DAWN: No, really! That was incredible!

SERENA: Thanks, guys, but-

Serena's legs buckle, and she collapses on her knees.

EVERYONE (again, except Paul xD) Serena!

CALEM: Are you alright?!

SERENA: *Nods* It's just... I feel like that wasn't my strength. To be honest, I've never battled that well in my whole life, nor done something so brave. I... I was scared!

ASH: Well, it's alright now. It's over.

Like this morning (which seems like a long time ago), Ash offers Serena his hand. She gingerly takes it, but Ash pulled her up with a little too much force. The two ended up falling into a warm embrace. Both of them blush a little, and they pull away.

But to Serena, the feeling reminds her of a day a long time ago.