Chapter 60: A Threat

Okay, so I know I told you I would finish this once Fade Away was finished, but I decided I can be cruel to you guys any longer. With that, enjoy!

ASH: *Mumbles* Urgh... I can't get my thoughts straight. Where am I? And where is Se-

???: Ash? Ash, is that you?

The boy struggles against the bonds of the rope, wiggling in place.

ASH: Who is this? It's too dark in here.

???: It's May.

???: I'm in here, too! It's Dawn!

One by one it seems like everyone wakes, all of hem tied up. Except one person was missing, and that, of course, had to be Serena.

???: What a positively loud ruckus. Will you be quiet? I'm here to simply pick up Ash.

ASH: *growls* Miette. Where is Serena?!

MIETTE: *giggles* As if I'd tell you something like that. However, I will inform you that she is with Calem. In short, we made a deal. Get rid of each other's rivals, get the prize. Easily done!

Insults fly at Miette, all throughout the darkened room.

MIETTE: Now, let's go. We're going out on a date, and if you act up, I can always call Calem and tell him to hurt your poor... precious... Serena...

ASH: *Angered* You little-

MIETTE: None of that! Or I will pull out my phone. Oh, and as for your other friends, you won't have to fear. They will be safely released shortly, as a token of forgiveness.

ASH: Forgiveness. Playing the act of Arceus, are you now? The almighty, who have the right to forgive? As if you've been wronged?

The girl laughs.

MIETTE: Well, I have. Your friends attempted to hurt me, and opposed me.

DAWN: *Snaps* Says the one who abducted a group of trainers and their Pokémon!

EVERYONE (except Miette): *Laughs and snickers*

Ash can tell Miette's once pleasant smile is thinning.

MIETTE: Oh, right. Your Pokémon will be returned shortly, including yours, sweetie.

The blunette puts emphasis on the word "sweetie." Ash grits his teeth.

ASH: You'll never get me to like you! Serena's already a part of my heart and soul.

MIETTE: *Smiles menacingly* We shall see. I think tonight we'll be going to a special restaurant. It's rather fancy, so let's start getting ready.

ASH: *Glares* Just get me out of here. And the rest of you guys, I'll be fine, so you better be, too. Got that?

Just like before, Ash suddenly sees every movement, everything around him. The others are nodding their heads to his statement, and then hat strange power fades, once again, leaving everything normal.

MIETTE: Oh, and if you're wondering how to get out of this, there's no luck. We hacked into your phone and messaged your parents you'll be staying the night over at my house.

ASH: *Mutters* You're absolutely mad.

MIETTE: *Cheerful* Hm? What was that, Ash-y?

ASH: *Disgusted* Oh, nevermind.

Midgets (it autocorrected Miette xD, see even the computer hates her) footsteps echo in the room, over the hushed whispers of the others. With one, fluid motion, she untied the rope bound around Ash's body.

MIETTE: Need some help?

The girl smiles as she offers him her hand, but he turns away, refusing.

ASH: I can stand on my own. And, by the way, don't think that I'll forget about what you're doing, and about Serena. If not for your threats, lots of things would've changed. Got that?

MIETTE: *A little shocked* Okay... but that's only for now. You won't see her that much anymore, so you may as well eventually just forget-

At that moment, Ash sends the most scariest glare Miette's way, so she decides to be smart about it and shut up.

MIETTE: Now come. We must be off.