Chapter 71: Ash vs. Serena? Part II

Don't feel like saying anything besides please get this to 1,000 likes XD Also sorry this one's short I wrote this at 2 in the morning

CLEMONT: Hawlucha has fainted!

ASH: Pikachu, make it count!

PIKACHU: Pika Pika! (Right!)

SERENA: Fennekin, surround yourself in flames!

Fennekin obliges and uses Flamethrower to encircle herself in fire.

SERENA: You'll have to brave the heat if you want to use physical attacks, which already prevents you from using two moves. Furthermore, any ranged attack can be countered head on.

ASH: You didn't mention attacks from above.

SERENA: It's quite self-explanatory, isn't it though? Fennekin can simply aim up.

ASH: Pikachu, draw near and use Iron Tail to disrupt the ground!

SERENA: Fennekin, stop him! Fire Blast!

The mouse Pokémon uses Quick Attack to dodge the Fire Blast and slams its tail onto the ground. The surface breaks, and a web of cracks spread towards the area Fennekin is standing on.

SERENA: Jump!

With a huff, the fox leaps into the air as the dirt erupts, dispersing the flames quickly.

ASH: Your barrier has fallen. Pikachu, Electro Ball! Follow it up with Quick Attack!

SERENA: Psybeam! Then jump once more, and aim Ember straight down!

Pikachu launches an Electro Ball towards Fennekin, who destroys it with Psybeam. When Pikachu dashes through and repels away the smoke, Fennekin soars high, twists, and emits Ember straight at the spot it once occupied

Exactly where Pikachu is to be.

PIKACHU: *Blasted back* Pika!

ASH: *Hesitantly* Clemont, where are the boundaries?

CLEMONT: Eh? Um, anywhere on school grounds, I guess...

ASH: *Grins* Awesome. Pikachu, into the woods!

SERENA: Follow him!

Both Trainer and Pokémon sprint through, sidestepping trees and rocks that come in the way.

ASH: *Thinks* My advanced vision allows me to see through objects, while Serena cannot. Thus, with obstacles in the way, I have the upper hand.

SERENA: *Thinks* In this battlefield, Ash has the advantage. I need to stay alert, and try to fight in the open as much as possible.

Quiet envelops the wood, only broken by Clemont who stumbles in to monitor ad ref the battle. Panting, he smiles sheepishly.

CLEMONT: Er, we've moved... Some students may come and watch, so be careful.

ASH, SERENA: Right.

ASH: *Orders* Use the field to your advantage, Pikachu. I'll guide you.

SERENA: *Commands* Fennekin, stay sharp.

ASH: Pikachu, Thunderbolt!

SERENA: Fire Blast! Scratch!

The explosion prevents Fennekin from seeing its target.

ASH: Pikachu, back up!

Fennekin swipes and misses, but recover quickly and strikes again.

ASH: Iron Tail!

Fennekin tries to evade but fails as Pikachu flings its tail at Serena's Pokémon. The force was enough to send the Fire-type careening into a tree.

SERENA: Are you alright, Fennekin?

FENNEKIN: F- fenn. (More or less.)

SERENA: Flamethrower, head on!

ASH: Pikachu, Electro Ball!

CLEMONT: Eh?! Oh, Ash and Serena! This battle is over!

Fennekin extinguishes the fire from its mouth while Pikachu's Electro Ball dies away on its tail.

CLEMONT: Unfortunately, this battle cannot continue further as the principal has announcements to make.

ASH: Ah, alright. Nice match, Serena.

SERENA: You too. Fennekin, you did great! It's time to rest.

The strengthening aura fades from both of them as they walk back to the front of the building.

PRINCIPAL: Well, ahem. Tomorrow is the last school day of the year.

Cheers and whistles from the students.

PRINCIPAL: A lot of things have happened during this time, and to congratulate everyone for toughing through it, there is to be the Academy dance tomorrow. Dress well, and pick partners!