Chapter 18: Preparing for the Date

Last time, Serena asked Ash if he remembered her from Professor Oak's summer camp. When he realizes who she is, Serena is relieved. Then, May, Clemont, Barry, and Dawn jump out arrange plans for Ash and Serena's date.

MAY: Okay, school's over! Ash, c'mon!

DAWN: Yeah, Serena, my mom's going to drive us!

ASH: I can't believe I'm going through with this...

SERENA: Me neither. Dawn, that's nice and all, but it's pretty expensive! Are you sure your mom doesn't mind?

CLEMONT: Too late! Barry and I already reserved a seat for two at the fanciest restaurant in town.

SERENA: If you say so, then... Lemme text my mom I'm coming home at night.

Serena: Mom, I'm gonna come home a little later tonight

Grace: Where are you going?

Serena: Shopping, then on a... date I guess?

Grace: What?! My daughter's growing up! With who?

Serena: Ash. He was the one who helped save me yesterday

Grace:  Really? I want to see you two before you go off on your date, okay?

Serena: Fine

SERENA: Ash, before we go on our... date... my mom wants to meet you.

ASH: *Scratches nose* Okay...

Then, Ash and Serena get dragged to their different places with May and Dawn. Ash just lets May pick a nice tuxedo for him. Now, with Serena.

SERENA: *Amazed* Wow, this is one of the most fashionable stores!

DAWN: A lot of the dresses here are expensive, so I kind of need you to pitch some of your money in, too.

SERENA: Of course! I wasn't just going to have you spend your money on the whole dress!

After spending an hour or two, Serena and Dawn finally pick a dress and pay for it. Johanna, Dawn's mother, starts to drive them back to Serena's house.

Serena: Ash we're driving back to my house right now

Ash: Was already done, we're walking there

Serena: K

When they arrive, they meet up with Ash and the others on the front doorstep. Serena takes out her house key and unlocks the door. Everyone goes in.

SERENA: Mom, I'm back! Well, all of my other friends who helped prepare are here, too!

GRACE: *Walks in* Oh, hello, kids! *Looks at Ash* You're Ash, correct?

ASH: Yes, ma'am. It's very nice to meet you!

The other four start introducing themselves. Once that's over, Grace begins to talk.

GRACE: I know you helped my daughter yesterday, so I expect you to take good care of her!

ASH: Of course I will, ma'am.

GRACE: And Serena, be a lady.

SERENA: *Rolls her eyes* Yeah, Mom.

GRACE: The two of you should start getting dressed. Who's driving you?

DAWN: Oh, my mom is. We're all going in the car to drop them off, then we're picking them back up.

GRACE: Ash, you can change into your suit in the guest room.

ASH: Alright, then!

Serena goes upstairs to her room to change as well. When Ash comes back, he's in a crisp, black tuxedo with a tie to top it off. Pikachu has a matching outfit as well.

DAWN: Nice pick, May!

MAY: Thanks!

Then, Serena and Fennekin come down.