Chapter 30: Tournament, Part IV

Author's Note:

Hello Readers! Thankfully I've had some time to create these last few chapters in a span of only a couple of days. Unfortunately, starting tomorrow I'm going on vacation in a cabin without internet so I will most likely not be posting for a week :(. Anyways, some of you may be wondering, 'What does this tournament have to do with Amourshipping?'. Well you'll see little peeps (not this Chapter though xD) ;) and enjoy!

Last time, Aura with Cole and Dawn with Kenny are declared the winners of the first matches. Ash and Serena are about to face off in a battle with Shauna and Tierno.

TIERNO: No! Why doesn't Serena have to be my first opponent?! IT'S NOT FAIR!

Ash, Serena, and Shauna sweat drop.

SYCAMORE: Battles begin!

ASH: Pikachu, buddy, I need you.

SERENA: Fennekin, come on out!

SHAUNA: Bulbasaur! Shine!

TIERNO: Start moving and grooving, Squirtle!

All the Pokémon are called out to the battlefield. Pikachu says something to Fennekin, who agrees. Squirtle starts dancing immediately.

ASH: Pikachu, use Iron Tail and use your Tail as a platform for Fennekin!

SERENA: *Thinks* We planned our combos out earlier, so we will just have to wait and see how this works out. *Yells* Fennekin, jump and land on Pikachu's tail!

ASH, SERENA: You know what to do! GO!

With a 'Pika!', the mouse Pokémon launches Fennekin into the air with a flick of its tail. The Fire-type overlaps with the sun, making it hard to see Fennekin coming.

SERENA: Flamethrower!

The fox Pokémon uses Flamethrower on the battlefield while spinning. The flames ignite the ground surrounding Bulbasaur and Squirtle, trapping them.

TIERNO: *Snaps* Easy! Squirtle, use Water Gun on the flames!

ASH: Not happening! Pikachu, Thunderbolt on the Water Gun!

SHAUNA: Bulbasaur, Solar Beam on the Thunderbolt! *Thinks confidently* Since the sun is shining brightly, Solar Beam's charge time is shortened considerably. Additionally, Electric-type attacks aren't very effective on Grass-type moves.

SERENA: You forgot about me! Fennekin, Ember! The flames will scatter all over, so there is barely any time to dodge. It will hit both Pokémon!

All of the Pokémon use their moves and attack one another. Just before the turtle Pokémon's Water Gun hits the flames, Pikachu releases a powerful Thunderbolt. As Bulbasaur is charging Solar Beam, Fennekin's Ember cancels the move, leaving Bulbasaur and Squirtle damaged without Pikachu and Fennekin taking a scratch.

TIERNO: Oh no! Quick, Squirtle, find the beat again and use Rapid Spin to distract Pikachu, then hit Fennekin!

SHAUNA: Bulbasaur, hang in there! Use Vine Whip on Pikachu!

Squirtle retracts into its shell and starts to whirl around. It spins around Pikachu in circles and immediately catches the Electric-type Pokémon's attentions.

ASH: Pikachu, watch out!

But it's too late, and Pikachu is thrown back by Bulbasaur.

PIKACHU: *Cries out* PIKA!

Fennekin, attempting to help its partner back up, did not see Squirtle coming and is hit by the Water-type's shell.

SERENA: Fennekin! You need to stay strong!

Both Pokémon manage to stand up again. All Pokémon are still in battle.

TIERNO: Hydro Pump on Pikachu!

SHAUNA: Bulbasaur, use Sleep Powder on both of them!

While Pikachu is recovering, Squirtle doesn't hesitate when it fires a fast Hydro Pump at Ash's Pokémon. Once again, Pikachu is hit directly, but due to Ash's constant and efficient training, it holds fast. Though it stays in the battle, Sleep Powder is coming right after, and it cannot dodge. Fennekin, not hit, dodges.

ASH: *Thinks grimly* In a couple of seconds, Pikachu will be asleep. I need to act. But how? *Looks over at a determined Serena* She's completely focused, so I should be too. *Yells* Pikachu, Electro Ball on yourself!

(For you Pokémon XY watchers you know which Gym Battle he used this in ;) lol)

Everyone gasps, but Pikachu trusts its Trainer and fires the Electric-type move straight up. Neither Bulbasaur or Squirtle want to get close, and when the move contacts Pikachu, an explosion occurs. When the smoke clears out, Pikachu is fully awake and ready to battle.

SHAUNA, TIERNO: N- no way!

PIKACHU: *Powered up* Pika Pika!

ASH: Pikachu, Electro Ball on Squirtle!

SERENA: Fennekin, Flamethrower on Bulbasaur!

With both Pokémon shocked at Pikachu's recovery, there's nothing they can do as the super-effective moves hit them. Bulbasaur and Squirtle faint, and Pikachu and Fennekin high-five each other.

ASH, SERENA: Alright!

They pull into a warm hug as the spectators cheer approvingly.