Chapter 61: A "Double Date"?

FADE AWAY IS FINISHED! IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO READ WHEN IT A STORY IS FINISHED, CHECK IT OUT!

Ash and Miette are ready, all dressed up.

MIETTE: Alright, my new boyfriend! We shall be off.

They take a taxi to the fancy restaurant, which indeed is very fancy.

MIETTE: Open the door for me, please! Like a gentleman.

ASH: *Growls* I won't be a gentleman to you.

MIETTE: It's all in the past, dearie. You two will barely talk to each other again, so you might as well move on.

Ash clenches his hands and teeth, and tries with all his might to restrain himself from punching Miette.

ASH: When do I get Pikachu back?

MIETTE: No Pokémon are allowed in this restaurant, so sorry. After tonight, perhaps.

They enter, and get seated by a waiter. She compliments the two on their 'chemistry,' but it's obvious from the look on her face she was tipped to do that.

MIETTE: See? Everyone thinks we are meant for each other.

ASH: Tch.

They order, and Ash notices two other people walk in. The boy looks content, holding the girl's hand, but the latter forces her smile, a glum look on her face.

ASH: Serena!!

The girl whips her head towards his voice, but looks more afraid. Ash realizes she's being threatened.

The other couple sit at the table next to them. Anger, rage, and sorrow fill Ash and Serena.

MIETTE: Don't they look happy? Let's follow their example, Ash.

ASH: *Pissed* You're delirious.

Ash and Serena share glances with each other from time to time as they eat the exquisite meals.

ASH: *Thinks* I can't tell if she's truly convinced by Serena's act. She's probably just, well, plain stupid. I guess I can use that to my advantage.

Serena sends an interesting look Ash's way.

ASH: She's trying to tell me something... but what?

The girl stands, claiming to go and use the restroom. After a little while, Miette does the same to make sure I don't follow her.

ASH: *Thinks* I don't think she's really going there.

The boy concentrates, wondering if the trick would work. He focused on sensing his surroundings, and the strange feeling comes again. The world appears in different colors, and he can sense the layout of the building.

And the people. The people turned different colors, as well. He could tell Serena walked in the restroom's direction, but started turning corners.

Calem, busy eating and daydreaming at the same time (what a moron) doesn't notice Ash get up.

He walks, following Serena's path. It leads to a deserted corridor (the fancy restaurant was HUGE.)

Serena turns around, running at Ash with full speed and embraces him tightly.

SERENA: Thank Arceus you're safe!

ASH: How did you know that I would follow you?

SERENA: *Grins* Intuition.

ASH: Well, I glad to see you're alright, but... *Frowns* we have a larger task at hand. The one thing we can do and they can't stop is talk to Dawn and May and the others.

SERENA: *Disgusted* I think Calem's making me walk with him down the hall and sit with him at lunch. It's really creepy.

ASH: *Facepalms* This is stupid. We're being held hostage of a sort while we go to school and stuff.

Serena looks down a bit.

SERENA: Well, that's really my fault. You know, with Calem threatening to hurt me if we act up, and all.

Ash laughs a bit.

ASH: No worries, we'll pull through. Just like every single other time. Well, they're going to get suspicious soon, so I'll talk to everyone else.

SERENA: Oh, and by the way, Calem's father is a very wealthy businessman. Telling people at school won't do any good.

ASH: *Nods* Yeah, I figured. Otherwise, there would be way too many flaws with their plan.

SERENA: Alright. We gotta go back now. Oh and, I love you, no matter what.

Ash nods in agreement. They start walking back.

ASH: Love you, too.