Chapter 69: Normality

Well then. Chapter 69. Okay. Let's disregard the number. Oh, also! CAN THIS BOOK HIT 1,000 LIKES?! I BEG YOU TO GO BACK AND LIKE THE CHAPTERS THAT YOU DIDN'T! IT'LL BE A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME!

DAWN: This restaurant looks amazing!

The whitewashed exterior is clean to the corners. A mahogany set of doors with brass handles invite the four to step inside. Once they enter, the heels of the girl's shoes clack against the marble tiles; everything looks proper, and pleasant to the eye.

SERENA: *Nervously* How expensive will everything-

ASH: Don't worry. We're practically kind of almost famous, so the restaurant actually sent us a letter saying we could take our time and relax. They said it's on the house.

KENNY: I feel kind of bad, though, since we're not paying.

DAWN: Apparently, the owner of this place has relations with the owner of the restaurant we saved, so it's to return the favor.

The group is lead into a quieter, more concealed area of the building, where they are promptly seated and provided with menus.

ASH: *Drools* STEAK. POTATOES.

SERENA: *Sweat drops* We know, we know.

WAITER: Are you ready to order?

Each of them in turn tell them what they would like to eat and drink, and the waiter strides away. Chattering away, they bring up school, and how it's close to ending.

KENNY: *Sighs* I dunno. After all this crazy stuff happening, it's weird to think about what to do during summer vacation.

SERENA: I'm training to be a great Performer.

DAWN: I think... I might head to Sinnoh. Contests have been more of my style, more than performances, anyways. By the way, are you aiming for Kalos Queen?

SERENA: Actually... I'm not sure about that. I feel like I wouldn't have any time alone. We all are a bit famous enough already, and I'm sure the public won't leave me alone.

ASH: Oh, really?

KENNY: True... Privacy doesn't come often with being the Kalos Queen, I'd imagine. You guys really wouldn't be able to see each other as much as you'd like.

ASH: You'd pretty much always be on a schedule...

DAWN: Okay. What're you gonna do, Ash?

ASH: Obviously I'm going to train up! I'll travel through Kalos and get every badge in the region. Then, I'll challenge the League.

KENNY: I don't know whether I should stick to Contests. After all, Dawn and I would be competing against each other.

DAWN: *Laughs* Oh, why not! It'll be all the more fun!

SERENA: Wouldn't that be weird though? I mean, you're dating, but you're also rivals traveling with each other.

The food finally arrives, and by this time everyone is mostly starving.

ASH: *Drools* FOOD-

SERENA: *Chides* Oh, hush up, it's right in front of you! Just eat!

The rest of the meal is dominated by idle talk, and of course in a high quality restaurant such as this one, the food is more than enough to satisfy their expectations.

KENNY: *Decisively* I, for one, am SO glad we came here.

ASH, SERENA, DAWN: Seconded!

*DESSERT TIME*

On a silver platter are four medium sized bowls of chocolate mousse. Additionally, there is a smaller cheesecake dish topped with the freshest strawberries.

ASH, KENNY: *Drools*

DAWN: Oh, not you, too!

SERENA: *Laughs* But it does look really delicious.

They all dig in simultaneously, giving gracious compliments to the waiter, who thankfully accepts them.

SERENA: *Thinks* I guess this is what normal people do. They go on dates like these... *Looks at the three around her laughing* And laugh and enjoy themselves...

ASH: Hey, Serena, can I have a bite of yours-?

SERENA: *Smiles* No, thanks. *Thinks* This is the normality we have just regained!