Chapter 52: Picture Perfect Vivillon

Eh, kind of a random Chapter title. ANYWAYS: I just made another Wattpad account specifically for Fairy Tail fan fictions- if you are interested in Fairy Tail, please go check it out (and follow!)- TheDreamFairy! Hope you enjoy! :)

ASH: Pikachu, buddy, take a break.

The somewhat tired Pokémon walks over to Ash's flank, and plops on the ground. Ash smiles at it for a second, then draws out a Poké ball.

ASH: Hawlucha, I choose you!

The proud Pokémon flashes into the battle in a white light. It strikes a pose, drawing the laughs and praises of the onlookers.

SERENA: It's Hawlucha's turn! I've only seen it battle a couple times.

VIOLA: Vivillon!

The beautiful insect is called out to battle, the meadow pattern on its wings. 

VIOLA: We'll take the first move. Gust!

ASH: Let's see...

The wind hits the bird Pokémon, who desperately attempts to keep its ground.

ASH: Wild idea. Okay, ride the wind, and bounce off the tree!

Hawlucha looks surprised for a second, then obliges.

VIOLA: What?!

The Pokémon spreads its wings out, allowing the Gust to propel it forwards. It reaches a tree, and it spins around so its legs point towards it. Using the momentum, Hawlucha absorbs the impact, and shoots, like a bullet, at Vivillon.

VIOLA: Atop it with Gust!

ASH: Spin!

(Diamond and Pearl watchers? Comment if you remember!)

Hawlucha, still a blur of red and white, begins to spin rapidly. It travels slightly to the side of Gust, avoiding it, and gaining speed each second.

VIOLA: No way... Dodge!

But its too late, because Hawlucha slams into poor Vivillon with such force that the Gym Leader's Pokémon is sent flying backwards.

VIOLA: VIVILLON!

But the fight isn't over yet. The tough insect manages to get up,  even after that blow.

ASH: *Admits* I'm impressed.

VIOLA: *Grins* I'm not a Gym Leader for nothing, Ash! Vivillon, Sleep Powder!

Vivillon, with surprising agility and speed, soars at Hawlucha. A soft, sparkling powder falls upon it, and Hawlucha becomes drowsy.

ASH: Eh- Hawlucha! Snap out of it!

But the Bug- type's moves prove too strong, and the bird Pokémon falls asleep, snoring a bit.

VIOLA: Perfect target! Vivillon, Gust!

CLEMONT: This isn't good. Hawlucha can't dodge, and Gust will be super-effective on it!

Vivillon beats its wings, sending wind straight towards Hawlucha. The sleeping Pokémon is unable to dodge the attack, and gets hit.

ASH: Hawlucha! Get up!

And it does, but its too late.

VIOLA: Hit it with another Gust!

And one of Ash's two Pokémon goes down.

REFEREE: *Checks Hawlucha* Hawlucha is unable to battle! Both Gym Leader and challenger have one Pokémon left.

Ash returns Hawlucha to its Poké Ball, while Serena frowns.

SERENA: And after that awesome attack from Hawlucha, too...

TIERNO: I guess it just can't be helped.

Pikachu dashes to the battlefield, little cheeks sparking with electricity.

PIKACHU: Pika! (I'm ready!)

SERENA: *From audience* C'mon, Ash!

The others begin to cheer for him, as well. Ash nods, a determined grin on his face.

ASH: 'Course I won't lose... Serena.

VIOLA: How sweet! Let's see how well Pikachu does against Psychic!

With blue eyes, Vivillon uses the Psychic- type move on Pikachu, raising it to the air and waving it around. Pikachu shouts, yet fails to slip out of Vivillon's grasp.

ASH: Pikachu! Fight it!

The mouse Pokémon struggles against its opponents grip, then tries to use Thunderbolt. The move goes crazy, but succeeds in distracting Vivillon, who releases its hold on Pikachu.

ASH: Great! Quick Attack!

Pikachu hits the ground running with incredible speed.

VIOLA: Up in the air! Solar Beam!

Vivillon just barely manages to dodge the attack, and charges its energy.

ASH: *Thinks* Solar Beam takes a while to charge up. I'll use this! *Shouts* Iron Tail!

Pikachu's tail turns to steel, and it begins its run towards Vivillon.

SERENA: *Mutters* Shoot. He forgot.

SHAUNA: *Confused* Forgot what?

Again, Serena frowns, worriedly.

SERENA: What's the weather today?

Realization dawns on them.

It's sunny.

Without hesitation, Vivillon fires the mass of energy straight at Pikachu, who yelps in surprise. The charge beam blasts Pikachu to the end of the battlefield.

ASH: Pikachu! Are you okay?!

Pikachu manages to stand, panting heavily.

SERENA: *Thinks* Both sides are equally injured. However, Pikachu has the advantage, type- wise. The next move either of them makes must be played well.

The battle comes to a standstill, both teams anticipating their opponent's moves. Suddenly, Viola shouts her command.

VIOLA: Sleep Powder!

Vivillon glides over to Pikachu, scattering the dust on it.

ASH: Dodge!

But it's too late, and Pikachu, too, is getting sleepy.

ASH: Now... Electro Ball on yourself!

Pikachu fires the electricity straight up into the air, causing it to land on itself. The volts power Pikachu up.

ASH: End it! Thunderbolt!

VIOLA: Well-played, Ash. Well-played.

Pikachu defiantly releases a powerful Thunderbolt at the surprised Vivillon, who doesn't react fast enough.

REFEREE: Vivillon... Vivillon is unable to battle! And the winner is the challenger, Ash Ketchum, from Pallet Town!