Chapter 27: Tournament, Part I

Note:

I am soooooo sorry, it's been seven days since the last update! I thank all of you for your incredible patience. As always, enjoy Chapter 27! ;)

Last time, Ash begins to think Serena is getting hurt because of him and believes he should stay away from her. However, both Serena and Grace slowly talk Ash out of his doubts.

SERENA: Shouldn't Tierno and Trevor be coming to school today?

SHAUNA: Yeah, they are. Oh! I heard Professor Sycamore is coming all the way from Kalos to host a little tournament for the students at the Pokémon Academy!

ASH: *Confused* Professor Sycamore? And what tournament?

Serena looks down at Fennekin and smiles.

SERENA: When people start their Pokémon journeys, they go to see Professor Sycamore right away. He gives the new Trainers their first starter Pokémon.

CLEMONT: I've also heard that he is the leading researcher on Pokémon Mega Evolution.

Shauna nods, and the group continues their path towards the school. Soon enough, they meet up with a Trainer with a dancing Squirtle and a Trainer with a spirited Charmander. Shauna and Serena run over to them.

SHAUNA: Tierno! Trevor!

TIERNO: Hey, Shauna!

Then, he spots Serena, and instantly starts blushing with hearts in his eyes. Tierno starts talking rapidly.

TIERNO: SERENA! You're looking even MORE beautiful since the last time I've seen you! We should hang out after school!

SERENA: *Sweat drops* Hi, Tierno...

Trevor notices Ash standing very close to Serena with a 'back off' kind of expression, even though he's trying to suppress it. Shauna sees it, too.

SHAUNA, TREVOR: Uh, Tierno?

They pull Tierno over and quickly whisper something into his ear. Tierno's face becomes even more red. He rushes over.

TIERNO: Oh, um, sorry about that, I-

ASH: *Interrupts* It's fine. Let's get to school.

When they walk in the front doors, they're told by the teachers that an assembly will be held in the cafeteria. They travel over and take their seats. A couple minutes after every student is accounted for, Professor Sycamore steps into view.

SYCAMORE: Hello! I'm Professor Sycamore from the Kalos region. I'm going to cut things short so we can get started. As most of you know, I will be hosting a tournament with Pokémon battling. All of you will participate, and the format is double battles. Please choose your partners now.

ASH: Serena?

SERENA: *Winks* Of course!

At this, Tierno looks a little down, but shrugs it off. The teams with the group members in them consist of May and Barry, Clemont and Trevor, Shauna and Tierno, and Dawn and a boy named Kenny from Sinnoh.

SYCAMORE: You may switch Pokémon for new battles, however, no substitutions during matches. All teams must come up to the front and confirm their partners.

When May, Serena, and Shauna spot Dawn with her new partner, May and Shauna snicker and begin talking about them.

SHAUNA: Who's he?

MAY: It kind of looks like Dawn's blushing when she's talking to him.

SHAUNA: And vice versa for the boy, too!

MAY, SHAUNA: Possible couple!

Serena rolls her eyes, but she's smiling, too.

SERENA: You guys are ridiculous!

FENNEKIN: Fen, Fennekin! (I agree!)