Chapter 38: Theme Performance

EVERYONE: Huge!

The students are led off the plane and into the streets of Lumiose City.

DAWN: Wow, Lumiose City is so big!

MAY: Just thinking about all the Boutique's here...

SHAUNA: Must be a lot!

The group travels around a bit. Now, a time skip to the Showcase.

ASH: Even though it's not front row seats, it still is great in the back. It's a lot higher up here, so we can see everything that's happening.

BONNIE: Great!

PIERRE: Bonjour! I am Monsieur Pierre, your announcer for today's Showcase!

The audience claps respectively.

PIERRE: Before we get started, I'd like to address there are five students from the Kanto Region's Pokémon Academy participating. They, as well as the other Performers, receive this Princess Key as well. Now, the theme for Lumiose City's Showcase is... Modeling!

Monsieur Pierre explains the rules. The three Performers are to dress up one of their Pokémon to match with their outfit and walk on the runaway. The rounds pass by, both Dawn and Shauna passing the first stage. Unfortunately, Zoey is knocked out by Dawn. Now, both Miette and Serena are in the final theme round and are preparing themselves and their Pokémon.

With Serena.

SERENA: So many decorations I could use here... Right! Fennekin, please stay still!

Serena grabs lots of materials and sets to work. Her hands work furiously while she cuts the ends of the ribbons. Fennekin patiently waits as Serena continues to design.

With Miette.

MIETTE: *Pouts* Phoo. Cooking would've been a better choice for me. Whatever. *Thinks* With the power of my love for Ash, there's no way I can lose to Serena. Her love is fake, and Ash truly doesn't love her!

Miette sets her Slurpuff on the table and begins to search the decorations. She picks out some and begins to alter the materials to her liking. Now, with Monsieur Pierre.

PIERRE: Now, thirty seconds left! Each Performer will make the finishing touches to their Pokémon in secret.

The crowd starts to murmur with anticipation, excitement rolling over the audience.

ASH: I can't wait to see Serena and Fennekin. They'll win for sure!

MAY: Huh? Oh hey, Dawn and Shauna! You guys looked great out there!

SHAUNA: Aw, thank you, May! But Bulbasaur was the one who looked great! And we're not done yet! We still need to win!

Dawn shakes her head and grins confidently.

DAWN: You think so, Shauna? You do know that I'm the one who's going to win.

SHAUNA: Well, we'll see that when it's over!

ASH: *Teases* I think you're forgetting about someone who's going to beat you both?

Their conversation is interrupted as the large timer in the front of the room goes off in sparkles.

SERENA, MIETTE: Done! I won't lose!

PIERRE: And now, Performer Number One- Julia with her Furfrou!

Pierre's Klefki opens the door.

CLEMONT: I guess when you're modeling in Kalos, Furfrou's will be common. There are a bunch of ways to style their fur.

The Normal- type has a diamond pattering on its fur. Julia, Furfrou's trainer, is wearing a matching outfit.

PIERRE: Performer Number Two- Miette with her Slurpuff!

The girl walks out, chin up. Her proud expression shows all over the screens. Slurpuff's cherry on the top of its head is styled into a heart. Additionally, the edges of its pink hair are designed like hearts as well. Heart ribbons, heart necklace- heart everything.

MAY: *Sweat drops* She really likes someone out here. Someone from our school, maybe.? Just look at all of that...

ASH: Maybe a bit over the top, if you ask me...

MIETTE: *Thinks* How's this, Ash? Are you captivated by me yet?

Once Miette returns to her spot next to Julia, Klefki opens Serena's door.

PIERRE: And last but not least, Performer Number Three- Serena with her Fennekin!

ASH: Oh, no way...

Serena appears in the exact same dress she wore on her and Ash's date. The edges of her silk, white gloves are lined with eight small, broken shards of the citrine necklace. The other eight pieces are attached to Fennekin's hat: the same one as again, Ash and Serena's date. Pink and red ribbons wrap around the Fire- type's tail. Ruby red glitter sparkles on Fennekin's body.

ASH: *Stunned* This is- this is-

BARRY: Wow, Ash, she really loves you!

ASH: *Blushes* She looks amazing...

MIETTE: How simple. My elegant gown suits the girlfriend of Ash much better.

SERENA: *Glances at Miette next to her* You don't understand.

MIETTE: *A little surprised* Huh? And what do you mean by that?!

PIERRE: Now, the winner of this round is up to the audience. On three, please light your glow stick of the color of your favorite Performer here. Un, deux, trois!

Ash and the others turn their glow sticks to pink, Serena's color. The pink lights rush towards the key attached to her dress. 20% vote for Julia, 15% vote for Miette, and the remaining 65% vote for Serena.

MIETTE: Wha- how- and how come Ash didn't vote for me?!

SERENA: This is what I mean, Miette. Ash doesn't care for girls who dress extremely stylishly and flashy on the outside. Ash and I have gone through a lot, since the day we met. But what incident has ever tested the bond between you and Ash?

Miette stands still, shocked, while Monsieur Pierre takes the stage.

PIERRE: And the Performer moving on to the next round is... Serena!