Chapter 39: Free Performance

Holy Arceus!

More than 6k reads?! I didn't know you guys liked this story so much! I'm honestly just winging it and making up the plot as I go. For future Wattpad authors- don't do that! Also, I'm going to be introducing the most supportive reader as either Ash or Serena's rival soon. Anyways, long chapter ahead, so enjoy! :)

Last time, a few of the Academy students are knocked out. Serena beats Miette in modeling, and reminds the girl why Ash loves Serena over Miette.

PIERRE:  Congratulations to the Performers who passed the Theme Performance! Now, for the Free Performance, where Pokémon and Trainer work together to show of their beauty! First up- Genevieve with her Umbreon and Espeon!

Music begins to play and when the lights flash on, a light blue haired girl is seen in a kneeling position. An Umbreon and an Espeon stand at her flanks.

GENEVIEVE: Espeon, Psyshock! Umbreon, Dark Pulse!

The Psychic- type launches a mass of blue and purple energy into the air. Then, dark waves flow towards it and comes in contact with the other move. Magenta and black sparks fly in the air. Serena quietly watches her from the audience. Since she's performing, she can't take a seat next to Ash and the others.

SERENA: *Thinks* This performance is beautiful. I'll have to try extra hard.

After a minute or so, another girl comes up and performs. Unfortunately for her, one of her Pokémon slipped doing a stunt. After that, it's Dawn's turn. Somehow, she caught a Buneary.

DAWN: Piplup, Bubble! Buneary, Ice Beam!

The bubbles shine in the air as they are frozen over.

DAWN: You know what to do! Go!

Piplup summons a small Whirlpool the size of Buneary. The Normal- type jumps on the move, and Piplup sends the Whirlpool with Buneary on it up. Then, the bunny Pokémon launches itself into the air, using Dizzy Punch to pop the ice bubbles. Blue sparkles appear.

DAWN: *Holds out arms in front of her* Buneary, ice over the ground! Piplup, over here!

Buneary uses a beautiful Ice Beam to turn the stage into an ice rank. Piplup jumps on Dawn's hands, and the Trainer throws the Water- type high into the air. Meanwhile, Buneary begins to skate using its ears, jumping and spinning to the music.

DAWN: Now, Piplup!

Piplup, in midair, faces the ground and spins rapidly, making the Water- type approach the ground faster. By using Peck, the penguin Pokémon's beak elongates. It slams into the ground with force, shattering the layer of ice, and the shards go flying. Immediately after, Piplup uses Whirlpool, which collects the ice in the water vortex. The move shines and blocks the view of Dawn and her Pokémon. Suddenly, the water explodes, portraying the Performers in a bowing position.

SERENA: *Thinks* Dawn's no slouch as well.

After Dawn's performance, it's Shauna's turn. Serena heads over to the preparation area while watching her friend.

SHAUNA: Bulbasaur, Petal Dance! Flabebe, Fairy Wind!

The petals are caught in the Fairy Wind as Flabebe controls the move. The wind whooshes over the crowd and swirls around. When Flabebe expels Fairy Wind, the petals scatter over the dancing Trainer and Pokémon.

SHAUNA: Grassy Terrain and Sweet Scent!

With a green glow, the stage becomes pretty, grassy fields. A pink aura floats around Bulbasaur and makes the scene even more beautiful. By this time, Serena is prepared for the Free Performance and cannot see Shauna's. Then, the time finally arrives for Serena.

HELPER: Miss, please step on this platform here.

Serena and her Pokémon oblige. After a few seconds, Serena can hear her name said by Monsieur Pierre. The circular platform rises. The crowd cheers.

ASH: Go for it, Serena!

SERENA: *Curtseys, then says* Sylveon, Shadow Ball!

At this, the audience gasps in surprise. How does Sylveon, A Fairy- type, know a Ghost- type move? Serena smiles. Surprise!

SERENA: Fennekin, Hidden Power!

The purple spheres surround the Shadow Ball. After a few seconds, the moves merge, exploding into sparks. To contrast, Fennekin and Sylveon spew golden and pink sparkles out of their mouths.

ASH: This is great!

His friends nod in agreement.

SERENA: Now!

Sylveon wraps her ribbon-like feelers around Fennekin's body. Then, it soars Fennekin into the air, who uses Flamethrower in a circle around the stage. The ground ignites.

SERENA: Sylveon, Misty Terrain!

The shiny Pokémon uses the newly learned move. Blue mist rolls over, and stars surround the stage. Fennekin's flames ominously glow through the fog. Suddenly...

SERENA: Disarming Voice! Ember!

The Fairy- type move parts through the fog. A beam of hearts rise in the middle, and a ring of flames swirl and dance around the hearts.

BONNIE: Wow, Serena is so good!

Ash looks on, a silent smile on his face. When Serena spots him in the crowd, she closes her eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath.

SERENA: Here goes...

The Performer concentrates deeply.

SERENA: *Shouts* Aura!

A golden light erupts around Serena, Fennekin, and Sylveon. The beams of light reach the ceiling, and the blue mist clears completely. The sight is amazing.

ASH: She did it!

While the blue mist is gone, the galaxy setting remains. The golden aura fills the whole room, with Serena and her Pokémon in the center, standing still, indicating their finish. The audience roars with approval, and the applause never ceases. The aura slowly diminishes, leaving a smiling Serena on the stage, next to her two partners.

Finally, the crowd stops cheering. The other four Performers stand next to Serena, glancing at her from time to time with surprise.

PIERRE: Which Performance pleases you the most? On the count of three, light your glow sticks in the color of your favored Performer!

Everyone holds the device out.

PIERRE: Un, deux, trois!

The key on Serena's dress glows as the pink lights flow freely into it. Her meter bar reaches sky high, and the results are as follows:

5th Place: Rose

4th Place: Genevieve

3rd Place: Shauna

2nd Place: Dawn

And of course, the Performer with the most votes is...

Serena.

With her vote count much higher than all the others.

PIERRE: And the winner of the Lumiose City Showcase is Serena Yvonne!