Chapter 44: J's Entrance

I am so sorry for the nine day late update! Hope this Chapter makes up for it! (Lot's of drama and action xP)

Last time, the group trains with Aura, Cole, and Zorua to get into fighting shape.

The group, after an exhausting morning of non-stop fighting, starts to eat lunch.

TREVOR: In a way, we did ditch school...

DAWN: Well, this is more important. One day of school won't hurt.

TIERNO: She's right. I think I would value my life over education.

CLEMONT: Guys, m- maybe the situation isn't that serious...

EVERYONE ELSE: I think it is.

They scarf down the meal, regaining their lost energy. Ash stands up and stretches when he finishes. Pikachu does likewise, done licking the remaining ketchup off the sides of his plate.

ASH: Ah, well, I need some fresh air. Wanna come with Pikachu and I, Serena?

SERENA: Sure.

AURA: Stay close to here, and come back if you run into trouble.

They nod in response and exit the building. The couple begins to walk around the premises, in a comfortable silence. But after a couple of minutes, the quiet is soon shattered by loud engines.

ASH: What in Arceus-!

SERENA: *Shoves Ash down* DUCK!

At that very moment, something whooshes straight over their heads. Serena's timing was perfect. If she had done that any later...

ASH: *Grabs Serena's wrist and starts to run* We need to go back and warn them! NOW!

Serena does not protest as the two sprint back towards the secret headquarters and charge through the doors, gasping for air when they do. The others abruptly stand up from their seats, shocked looks on their faces.

BARRY: Was- Is that J?!

MAY: But she wasn't supposed to be ready yet-

AURA: *Interrupts* Everyone, get outside!

But she is cut off by the outside walls crumbling from the explosions. Large chunks of debris litter the floor, seperating Ash, Serena, and Pikachu from the rest of the group. The latter are exposed to the front of the room, where the wall is no longer existent.

ASH, SERENA: GUYS!

PIKACHU: Pi, PIKA!

EVERYONE ELSE: ASH! SERENA!

ASH: Is everyone alright?!

GROUP: Yeah, we're good. Be careful!

Ash and Serena turn around and pull out their Poké Balls. They call out Hawlucha, Fennekin, and Sylveon. Pikachu leaps down on the ground from its perch on Ash's shoulder. The Pokémon prepare to battle.

ASH: We have no choice...

SERENA: ...but to fight!

They ignore the shouting and confusion on the other side of the fallen debris. There's nothing they could've done for them, at that point in time. Serena just has to wish that everyone was fine.

Wish...

The smoke refuses to clear from the air. Then, they manage to spot a silhouette in the distance. The dark shadow seems to eerily loom over them.

ASH: *Thinks* Don't tell me...

The mysterious figure walks forward, heels clicking on the tile floors. And of course, this person has to be...

ASH, SERENA: J!

The one they had dreaded to see again appears, an evil smile clearly evident on her face. Ash grimaces, and Serena glares.

J: It's been a while, Ash. Serena.