Chapter 8: Action

Last time, the group discovered the possibility of Serena's kidnappers being Pokémon Hunters, due to Serena's rare shiny Eevee. Ash discovered a trail of Eevee's fur, and the group is now following it to its source.

ASH: Man, they must have traveled a long way... This trail is never ending!

CLEMONT: Wait up, guys! *Panting*

DAWN: *Sighs* C'mon, Clemont! You really need to catch up, do you want to save Serena or not? We can't waste any more time!

PAUL: Honestly... Have you ever even thought about making an invention to speed up your pace?

ASH: All jokes aside, let's go.

PIKACHU: Pika pika! Pika pi chu! (He's right! Serena's still in danger!)

The big group continues walking until Ash, in the front of everyone, spots the air craft in a clear. He motions for the others to come quietly.

CALEM: Barging in plain as day will do us no good. How do we sneak in?

CLEMONT: If Bunnelby tries hard enough, I'll bet if he uses Dig, we'll be able to get in.

BARRY: Aw, I wanted to have some fun.

ASH: *Punches Barry lightly* This isn't a game. We could get hurt if they found us.

Bunnelby digs an underground path towards the giant craft. When they emerge, they're underneath it. Bunnelby also uses dig on the metal as hard as it can, and after a couple of minutes, they enter the hallways.

PAUL: We are too easy to spot with the lights on. Elekid and Pikachu should overheat the lighting system and take out the electricity.

MAY: *Nods* And I'll have Torchic light a small flame in front of us so we can see a little. We can't lose our sight, so the blackout will just be a distraction to cause confusion.

ASH: Then, we'll find Serena and get her outta here.

BARRY: Then again, Ash, don't you think this is a great opportunity to get rid of a Pokémon Hunter?

CALEM: I'm not entirely sure we can take out someone that powerful, even with an eight against one fight. Don't underestimate Pokémon Hunters.

DAWN: Agreed. They may have a surprise in store.

They put the plan in motion. The lights fade out, and panic seizes the whole entire air craft.

ASH: When we find Serena, though, go all out. There will be no more need to stay quiet after that.

Before that, with Serena.

A woman with short, grey hair paces up and down before Serena and her Pokémon.

SERENA: *Growls* What do you want with me?!

J: Let me introduce myself. I am Pokémon Hunter J. So of course I go after he rarest of Pokémon and sell them to my clients.

SERENA: You- you want my shiny Eevee, don't you? There's no way in hell I'll give it to you!

J: You have a strong will. But. If you hand over its Pokè ball, no harm will befall you, and I will set you free. Now, hand it over.

SERENA: *Yells* Like I said before, there's no way in hell I'll give it to you!

The Pokémon Hunter smiles and sends out a Salamance. Its roar shakes the ground, but Serena doesn't flinch. There's no need to if it's an empty threat, so Serena won't give her the satisfaction until she's actually hurt.

J: Suit yourself. Let's see how long your resolve lasts. Salamance, Hyper Beam!

But at that moment, the power went out.