Chapter 35: Serena's Training

Last time, the group learns that the whole academy will be visiting Kalos to either participate in or spectate a live Showcase. Serena, Dawn, Shauna, Miette, and Zoey will be participating.

With Ash and Serena.

SERENA: *Looks in book* The first round is pretty much random. Dressing up Pokémon for show, baking Poké Puffs... there's a lot.

ASH: I know you'll do great in all of them!

SERENA: Thanks! I know the second round is the Free Performance, where Performers use up to six Pokémon to show off moves in a fantastic manner.

ASH: Then start with your Free Performance.

SERENA: Okay. Fennekin, Sylveon! Come on out!

The Trainer releases her two Pokémon. Serena kneels down to their level.

SERENA: I'm going to use you two in a Pokémon Showcase. That alright with you?

The Pokémon nod happily.

ASH: How about we battle, to give you some ideas? It will be a Performance battle for you, so try stuff out.

SERENA: Wow, that's a great idea, Ash! Thanks!

Ash sends out Pikachu and a Hawlucha.

SERENA: Whoa, where'd you get the Hawlucha?

ASH: I was going to show you it as a surprise. I caught it during the round we didn't battle in. Anyways, you have the first move!

SERENA: *Thinks* Hawlucha is part Fighting-type, so Fairy-type attacks are super-effective on it. But wait... this is supposed to be training for my Showcase. Make the moves even more beautiful. *Commands* Sylveon, Shadow Ball towards both of them! Fennekin, Hidden Power around the Shadow Ball!

Sylveon launches the Ghost-type move in-between Pikachu and Hawlucha, and Fennekin fires three orbs towards the move. Hidden Power begins to swirl around the Shadow Ball.

ASH: Great combination! Now, Pikachu and Hawlucha, dodge!

SERENA: *Thinks* It was okay, but for the Free Performance, I won't be battling. I need ideas! *Says* Wait for their move.

ASH: Then let's go. Hawlucha, X-Scissor on Sylveon, and Pikachu, Quick Attack on Fennekin!

SERENA: *Thinks* Hmmm... Right! Coordination in the dances are very important. *Yells* Sylveon, jump on Hawlucha's head, leap really high and spin! Fennekin, jump roll on top of Pikachu's back!

Sylveon jumps and lands on the Fighting and Flying-type's head. It soars into the air, spinning as it goes higher. Sylveon makes a graceful landing while Fennekin times the jump and flips rapidly and lands on a surprised Pikachu. It rolls from its head to its tail and finishes.

ASH: Nice one. Hawlucha, X-Scissor on Sylveon again! Pikachu, Electro Ball on Fennekin!

SERENA: Sylveon, dodge, and Fennekin, use Flamethrower lightly on the Electro Ball!

Sylveon dodges the Bug-type move, and Pikachu forms an Electro Ball at the tip of its tail. When it is released, the Fire-type fires a thin line of fire towards the center of the move. The two moves collide, but instead smoke on its explosion, red and gold sparks fly through the air.

SERENA: Okay, that's good! I got some ideas.

ASH: I'm glad I could help you.

SERENA: Yeah, thanks a lot! Now I'm going to practice them, so I need you to give me ideas and critic me.

ASH: Sure thing!