Chapter 49: Travel

As I said before, I will have a Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction Chapter Special in the next Chapter. Please be patient- the Special will be long, so it will take a lot longer for me to write it. Format will also be different. Hopefully, I can get it done sooner than I expect it. Enjoy :)

Last time, Ash talks Serena out of her anger, telling her to forgive J for all she has done.

The group returns back to the main building of the school to get Ash and Serena aid. Everyone also needs to heal their fainted or hurt Pokémon. Reporters immediately come to interview the young heroes on their second capture of Pokémon Hunter J.

In the end, the exact details of Serena's anger are not given: only the fact that Ash and Serena alone took on J, and managed to subdue her.

Since the incident, Ash and Serena grow ever more closer, their bond strengthened further. A week passes, and everything turns back to normal. The group's parents stop being overprotective, even Grace.

The group (and Pikachu) gets off the bus and walks together towards the Academy.

CLEMONT: Finally! It looks like everything's settled down a bit.

BARRY: At least a couple of weeks before the next dramatic thing, please!

SHAUNA, TIERNO, TREVOR: What kind of dramatic stuff HAPPENED before we came?!

EVERYONE ELSE: *Sweat drops* A lot.

Ash slides his arm around Serena's shoulders.

ASH: Some turned out to be good, thankfully.

Serena blushes and smiles at her boyfriend.

SERENA: *Thinks* Finally, Ash and I can just be a regular couple, with nothing to worry about! ...hopefully.

The group continues walking, and Dawn changes the subject.

DAWN: By the way, guys, did you know a real Kalos GYM LEADER is going to stop by tomorrow? The school says anyone can feel free to challenge him. Or her, I guess. Wonder who it is.?

BARRY: YESH LET'S HURRY UP AND GET TO SCHOOL I GOTTA GO BATTLE THAT GYM LEADER AND SEE IF I'M STRONGER- WAIT, WHAT THE HECK AM I TALKING ABOUT OF COURSE I AM IT'S NOT EVEN A CONTEST-

EVERYONE: SHUT UP!!!

PIKACHU: PIKA PI!!! (AGREED!)

SHAUNA: Did you not hear correctly?! Dawn said it's tomorrow! Honestly...

BARRY: *Sweat drops* Uh, sorry, heh heh...

ASH: So will he- or she- give the badge to anyone who wins?

DAWN: Yes, I think.

They almost arrive at school.

SERENA: You thinking of challenging?

ASH: *Nods* Yeah, ever since Summer Camp, I've been completely interested in battling.

PIKACHU: Pika!

CLEMONT: I'd also like to battle them as well. Sometimes, I get the weirdest ideas for inventions from battles. Eh- don't ask. Bonnie says so, too.

TIERNO: Speaking of Bonnie, does she take a liking to battling or Performing?

CLEMONT: *Thinks for a bit* Both, actually.

The group of friends continue talking about this subject until they arrive at the main building.

TREVOR: Well, see you guys at lunch!

EVERYONE: Yeah!

The smaller pairs and trios head to their classes. Ash, Serena, and Clemont are one of them.

ASH: I know this is pretty off-topic, but do you guys like traveling?

SERENA: I think it's pretty fun, yeah!

CLEMONT: I second that! Bonnie would probably say the same.

ASH: Well, my mom gave me the opportunity of visiting Kalos, and said that I could bring two or three friends along with me, if I liked.

Serena and Clemont look surprised.

ASH: Well, you two are probably more of my closest friends, and Serena, well, you're my girlfriend, so... Would you like to tag along?

SERENA: Of course I would, but what would we do there, besides sightseeing?

ASH: Half for sightseeing, the other for battling the Gym Leaders!

PIKACHU: Pika! (Yes!)

CLEMONT: That's great! And at the same time, Serena, you could collect Princess Keys!

SERENA: Right! So, Clemont, you think your sister would want to come? Just see all of Kalos as we go through the cities and towns?

The inventor nods with stars in his eyes.

SERENA: Of course, I gotta ask my mom.

CLEMONT: Same for me. Hopefully, my dad will say yes!

ASH: *Smiles* Can't wait!