Chapter 10: The Evolution

Last time, Serena managed to escape from her cage with the help of her Pokémon. She took out the two guards and started to find a way to escape. But then, she is stopped by Pokémon Hunter J herself. Unfortunately, the lights turn back on at that moment.

J: You got out. I believe it's safe to say I underestimated you, girl.

SERENA: Don't judge a book by its cover.

Serena honestly doesn't know where this surge of strength is coming from. It's giving her the confidence to object. Normally, she would have thought, she would have just run away, in the opposite direction.

J: Well. No matter. I'll take the Eevee's Poké ball once your Pokémon are unable to retaliate. *Aims her cannon arm at Eevee* This machine I have locked onto my arm turns Pokémon and humans to stone.

SERENA: Eevee, NO!

As the Pokémon Hunter fires the cannon, Serena launches herself in front of the shocked Eevee, turning its Trainer to stone. And just then, Ash and the others run in.

ASH: There you are! Ser- *Sees her condition* SERENA!

J: *Snaps her attention to the group* What are YOU pests doing here?! You should know better!

The whole group stares at the stone Serena in surprise and horror, and Ash is the only who makes a move. He runs towards Serena.

ASH: *Glares at J* What in Arceus's name did you do to Serena?!

The Eevee, still cowering under Serena's cover, starts turning white and glowing. It jumps between Serena and the Pokémon Hunter, and when the bright light fades, the white Eevee has been replaced by a blue, white, and pink Pokémon.

CLEMONT: Because of Serena's affection for it... the Eevee evolved into-

EVERYONE: A Sylveon!

J: *Infuriated* My client did not want a shiny Sylveon, he wanted a shiny Eevee! Meaning I can eliminate ALL OF YOU.

BARRY: I don't think that's how it's going to work, sis.

MAY: You see, we're not happy with what you did to our friend.

DAWN: And until you show us how to turn Serena back to normal...

ASH: We're going to fight you!

J: *Laughs* In your dreams, kids. Salamence, Drapion- now!

The Pokémon Hunter releases the two Pokémon, while everyone else releases all of their Pokémon as well. Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Torchic, Piplup, Heracross, Bunelby, Meowstic, Elekid, Fennekin, and the newly evolved Sylveon face the Salamence and the Drapion.

ASH: *Faces Serena* Don't worry, all of us will get you out of that state. I promise.

SERENA: *Thinks* I know you will.