Chapter 16: Remembrance

Another little note:

Wow, I did not expect more than 100 reads in just 3 short days! I'm really grateful to all of you because I know you guys really like this series! Thank you, and enjoy Chapter 16!

Last time, when Ash pulls Serena into a hug, she has a flashback of when she was a lot younger. She had been sent to a Pokémon summer camp in Kanto, where she was surprised by a Pokémon and hurt her leg. She then meets Ash, who binds her leg with his handkerchief and tells her to 'Never give up until the end.' When the boy helps Serena up, he pulls her into the same embrace.

A lot has happened in that day. After she is interviewed by Officer Jenny, she returns home late at night. Grace learns all of the events over the phone, and when Serena returns, she goes hysterical. But Serena was thinking about something else.

SERENA: Mom, I've had a long day, so, can I like, go up to my room?

GRACE: Of course. I'm sorry, sweetie. Rest up!

Serena walks up the stairs and enters her room. The walls are mostly hot pink, and her bed has fluffy pillows scattered on her bed.

SERENA: *Thinks* The Ash from before... is... the Ash at school? No way...

She starts comparing the two. The younger Ash didn't have a hat, and Serena realizes they both have the same, messy hair. Ash also has warm, brown eyes, just like when he was younger!

SERENA: It IS that Ash!

She starts blushing from the memory, then she notices and blushes more.

SERENA: *Thinks* Well, thank Arceus no ones here right now... They would think I'm weird.

Serena sighs and collapses on her bed.

SERENA: Today was crazy. One, the weird confidence boost I got, and two, the weird voice I heard in my head, telling me my wish was granted.? *Thinks* It's no use. I've got no clues. I should just go to bed and get ready for tomorrow.

The next day.

In addition to her Poké balls, journal, and the berries from yesterday, Serena picks up Ash's handkerchief, which she still has.

SERENA: *Determined* Right! I'm not going to back out on this. I'm sure he remembers. *Walks out the front door* Bye, Mom! I'm off to school!

GRACE: From now on, try to be careful, dear!

SERENA: *Thinks* I don't want anyone to overhear us, so I've got to get Ash and I alone.

Fortunately for Serena, Ash happens to be just across her street, and they start walking to school together.

SERENA: *Thinks* Yes! *Greets* Hi, Ash!

ASH: Hey, Serena! Yesterday was a bit wild.

PIKACHU: Pika, pika pi... (Sure was...)

Serena nods in reply. She slows down a little, and Ash matches her pace. Serena pulls out Ash's handkerchief.

ASH: Huh? What's that?

SERENA: *Looks away and blushes a little* Ash, um... Do you, uh, remember me?