Chapter 75: New Start

If you like my writing, there's still plenty to do! I am trying to put Fade Away in the 2016 Pokémon Watties. After this story is finished, I will continue Soul Fusion, and may start the Absol's history book off of Fade Away.

Well, my lovely readers, this is where it ends. The last chapter of Strength. But don't worry! Strength will always stay in my heart as the first published book I've ever written on Wattpad, the start of my journey to become a writer. Isn't the title fitting. (Is it also nostalgic? A bit?)

I'll see you at the end! *Salutes* Enjoy~

The group breathes in the fresh, clear air of the Kalos region after exiting the plane at night. The stars twinkle, and there's a sense of not finality, but a beginning.

ASH: This is the place we will pursue our dreams.

SERENA: Seems like that much.

They walk silently, amazed by the challenge they now face: filling their dreams in a different world.

CLEMONT: The Lumiose Gym... it's been a while.

BONNIE: Right.

Signing in to their inn room, they climb the stairs and enter. Two beds.

ASH: *Laughs* Serena and I will share.

SERENA: H- hey!

BONNIE: What's wrong? Isn't it normal to do that since you're dating, and all?

SERENA: *Blushes* I mean, kind of, but-

Ash holds her hand and smiles.

ASH: Why not? We can be a normal couple! Without people trying to kidnap or kill us.

SERENA: *Sighs* Sure. But keep to your side of the bed!

The blond haired siblings share a laugh, and Ash joins in as Serena pouts. Tired from all the excitement, they change and head for bed. But when she thinks everyone else is asleep, Serena sneaks out the inn and sits on a bench outside.

She strokes Fennekin's soft fur a couple times before she realized Ash stands behind her.

ASH: Why are you out so late, Serena?

SERENA: *Thinks a bit* Mmm... I think... I've decided what I'm going to do. About my dream, Performances, Kalos Queen.

ASH: *Tense* What is it?

Serena looks him straight in the eyes.

SERENA: *Conclusively* I won't become the Kalos Queen. For our sake, I won't.

ASH: *Shocked* But you can't just throw away your goal like that! You shouldn't do it just because you want us to spend more time together. I want you to be truly happy, Serena.

SERENA: Ash, I will be happy. Really! With you, I'm fine, wherever I go. I'll be known as a fantastic Performer, but I won't become Kalos Queen. I'll stop myself just short.

Ash stares at her in amazement, then says,

ASH: Fine. If you will sacrifice Kalos Queen I'll sacrifice Champion.

SERENA: But Ash-

ASH: If I'm Champion, it's all the same. I have to battle the Challengers, and we won't be together a lot of the time.

They talk happily about the future for several hours, until it's so dark that it must be midnight. The blossoms glow a faint pink above them from the moonlight shining above.

SERENA: Hey... I love you.

ASH: *Smiles* I love you too, Serena. I hope we can be together until our very last breaths.

They share a sweet, passionate kiss, one that lets go of all the sorrow and hardships that had burdened them, one that solidifies the growing trust which had grown between them.

A kiss that proves they cheated death and came out even more brave and determined. A kiss that proves in even the darkest times, the world is still beautiful.

Serena is the first to speak up.

"Thank you for giving me strength."

To which Ash replies,

"And thank you, Serena, for giving me courage as well."

T H E   E N D ~