Chapter 31: Tournament, Part V

Tiny Note:

By the way, I'm sorry I skip most of the semi-final matches. I hope you enjoy this chapter anyways!

Last time, Ash and Serena won in their tournament battle against Shauna and Tierno. Ash with Serena and Dawn with Kenny continue to win, and as Serena predicted, Aura and Cole are on a winning streak.

SERENA: *Thinks* It's the semi-finals. The two new students are against Dawn and Kenny. Ash and I are against Paul and a girl name Miette. We can't lose now.

At that moment, Miette, the new girl with short blue hair walks up to her.

MIETTE: It looks like you're my opponent. Good luck! *Smiles sincerely*

SERENA: *Thinks* She's pretty nice. *Replies* Thanks, and good luck to you!

MIETTE: *Leans in and whispers to Serena* Just something you should know. To me, there are two tournaments. One for the double battles, and the second for Ash. I saw you hugging him yesterday, but don't worry. Ash will fall for me and dislike you soon enough.

SERENA: *Thinks* I change my mind, what's her problem?! *Says sarcastically* Well, good luck with that competition too, I guess!

SYCAMORE: *A few minutes later* Battles, begin!

It's Pikachu and Fennekin versus Elekid and Slurpuff. All at the same time...

ASH: *Thinking* I can't afford to attack with Electric-type moves because Elekid can just absorb them. *Commands* Pikachu, Iron Tail on Slurpuff!

PAUL: *Thinking* The way Ash battles, he won't block Electric-type attacks for Fennekin. It's just not his style, because he never plays defensively. *Commands* Elekid, Thunder on Fennekin, now!

SERENA: *Thinking* Who does that Miette think she is? Ugh, Serena, focus on battling. *Commands* Fennekin, Ember on both of them!

Now here's Miette.

MIETTE: *Thinking* There's two tournaments for me. One for the double battles, the second for Ash. Serena is in both, so why not win both of them now? *Commands* Slurpuff, Draining Kiss on Fennekin!

PAUL: *Irritated* What do you think you're doing?! I'm already attacking Fennekin and Pikachu is wide open!

The battle continues this way, and in the end, both Paul and Miette's Pokémon faint before Pikachu or Fennekin get directly hit by a move.

ASH, SERENA: *Sweat drop* Is Professor Sycamore sure they were qualified for the semi-finals?

PAUL: What was that?! We're knocked out because of you, and I was close to beating Ash!

MIETTE: *Thinks* Oh, Arceus. There's two tournaments for me. One for the double battles, the second for Ash, but I was focused on winning only ONE! *Says nonchalantly (but is not this way at all)* Oh, that didn't matter anyways. I'm not meant for battling, that's all.

PAUL: *Thinks suspiciously* But she was doing pretty well in the battles before this...

MIETTE: *Clenches teeth, walks away and quietly says to herself* Dang it, since I didn't win or even land a hit on either of their Pokémon, Ash and Serena will think I'm a joke, and they'll stay there together, battling together.

ASH: *Holds Serena's hand* Lets go watch Dawn and Kenny.

SERENA: Okay!

But by then, the battle just finishes, the winners being Aura and Cole. They thank Dawn and Kenny for a great battle and walk over to Ash and Serena.

COLE: It seems you're are opponents for the finals.

ASH: Yeah. Good luck.

AURA: *Nods* To you, too. *Looks at Ash and Serena's hands* You two are in a relationship, correct? And I've heard a lot has happened to both of you when you were together.

SERENA: *Surprised a little* Really? The rumors spread ALREADY?

Aura smiles, but looks at the both of them oddly. Certainly not jealousy, more like... an interest.

AURA: Well. We will see you in the finals. I cannot wait to see what tricks you will have up your sleeves.

SERENA: *Thinks* Why would she say something like that? Tricks up our sleeves... like move combos? Or something else she knows but we don't...