Chapter 26: Sorrow and Joy

Note:

Hello readers! I am so glad to tell you that I'm not going to end the series! I'm still very sorry that the following chapters may also be a bit delayed. Nevertheless, and of course, enjoy Chapter 26! :)

Last time, Serena is taken to the school infirmary. She wonders why she was strong during her fight with the Pokémon Hunter J, and weak when Calem attempted to hurt her.

Ash and Serena walk up to Serena's house. Without them even knocking, the door flies open, and a very worried-looking Grace appears. She reaches towards her daughter, then spots her injured arm and stops herself.

GRACE: Serena, I heard what happened! You're not hurt that badly, are you?!

SERENA: Thanks, but I'm fine. It's just a little cut, and it doesn't hurt too bad anymore.

ASH: *Mutters* It's not little...

Serena pinches Ash's arm with an expression saying 'You're not helping!' Grace ushers the two inside and seats them on the living room couch. She then runs to the kitchen, opens up a cabinet, and grabs an Advil container.

GRACE: *Hands Serena two pills* I can't believe that someone would do such a thing to the one they like! Honestly!

Serena swallows the medicine down her throat.

SERENA: But I think something must've happened to make him like that. Ash mentioned before that he was completely friendly to him when they were coming to sa- save- oh, Arceus, I sound like some pretty damsel-in-distress now.

GRACE: *Laughs a little* Well, in a way, you were.

After that, Grace, Serena, and Ash stay in a comfortable silence. Then, Ash clears his throat and begins to speak.

ASH: *Looks down* I'm sorry, ma'am. It's all my fault that Serena got hurt. If I had been stronger... I- I should stay away from her, now. So nothing like this happens to her again.

SERENA: *Surprised and shocked* Ash?!

The three are silent for a moment. Then, Serena's mother speaks up.

GRACE: Ash, it's not your fault. No one was really expecting for Calem to hurt Serena. You must have thought he would go after you, right?

Ash nods slightly, still upset.

ASH: Yeah, but-

GRACE: I also heard Calem's Pokémon immobilized you with a move. That being said, there was nothing you could have done to break free. Besides, remember YOU were the one who helped Serena get out when she was hurt.

 SERENA: *Nods and smiles* It's true, Ash. You can't blame yourself for what happened.

GRACE: Now, Calem's expelled and both of you are fully aware of what that boy's capable of. And, Ash, you're the best thing that's ever happened to my daughter. When Serena's happy, I'm happy.

ASH: *Blushes* Well, I'm glad that I am. And Serena, I'm sorry I even suggested that in the first place. I should've known better.

Serena shakes her head and places her hand over Ash's.

SERENA: It's fine, you believed that it would protect me. Another reason why you're such a great boyfriend.

Then, they hear a knock on the window nearest to them. When they turn around, Dawn, May, Clemont, Barry, and Shauna are all peeking through and grinning. While Ash and Serena begin to blush like mad, Grace smiles and gestures to the front door. They disappear, and a few seconds later, the whole group barges in.

BARRY: Haha, we heard all of THAT, too!

DAWN, MAY, SHAUNA: So cute!

SERENA: *Closes eyes and yells* Even Shauna's a stalker!

Everyone laughs, and Grace notices the new addition.

SHAUNA: Oh, Miss Yvonne, it's nice to see you again! Remember me, Shauna?

GRACE: Mhmm, you were Serena's closest friend in Kalos! How nice that you moved here!

ASH: *Still blushing and focusing on the others* Um, why were you stalking us and looking through the window?!

CLEMONT: *Sweat drops* I'm being honest when I say that it was their idea, not exactly mine...

Everyone laughs again, and happiness radiates through all of them.