Chapter 45: The Repeat Battle

Well. This escalated quickly, and apologies for those corny moments. Very dramatic. Also, I haven't forgotten about the 50th Chapter Special! I myself am eager to start writing it. Enjoy this Chapter, please! ...or else!

Last time, J makes an entrance and manages to isolate Ash, Serena, and Pikachu by themselves.

J: Sent to prison... by kids... I really was a fool.

Beads of sweat begin to form on Ash and Serena as they wait.

J: But this time will be different. *Sends out Salamence and Drapion* No longer will I be caged!

ASH: How did you get here so quickly?! You must've had to take time to prepare.

J: I didn't. This is a full-on attack, no restrictions applied.

SERENA: *Pauses* So now, you fight to kill.

The Pokémon Hunter smirks.

J: Yes. Enough talk. Salamence, Hyper Beam on all of them! Drapion, Cross Poison on the Sylveon! Don't hold back!

SERENA: *Thinks* I've gotten stronger, too! You'll see! *Yells* Sylveon, Protect! Fennekin, behind her!

The group on the other side is startled. Since they can't get to the other side, they watch through the cracks of the debris as they spectate the fight.

ASH: Pikachu, on Hawlucha! Dodge!

The beam of light misses the mouse Pokémon and the Fighting- type, and hits Sylveon's Protect. As the dust clears, Serena's Pokémon are fine.

But Drapion, gone unnoticed, managed to sneak from behind, and hit Sylveon with the Poison- type move, dealing lots of damage.

SYLVEON: Sy- Sylveon!

SERENA: Arceus!

ASH: Hawlucha, Flying Press on Drapion! Pikachu, Electro Ball on Salamence!

SERENA: Sylveon, please stand fast! Regain your health using Draining Kiss on Salamence! Fennekin, distract Drapion with Hidden Power!

Fennekin launches Hidden Power at the Dark and Poison- type, but the Pokémon easily cuts through the move with its claws. But right after, Hawlucha springs forward and lands Flying Press on it. Meanwhile, Pikachu fires Electro Ball at Salamence, which it dodges, but Sylveon appears right behind it and uses the Fairy- type move, easily regaining some of its health back.

J: Salamence! Earthquake! Drapion, jump!

The dragon Pokémon begins to stomp its feet on the ground, and the floor shakes. Drapion extends its legs and tail to avoid the attack.

CLEMONT: Agh! That's super-effective on both Pikachu and Fennekin!

SERENA: Fennekin! Jump and aim your Flamethrower at the ground, full power! Sylveon, Protect!

ASH: Pikachu, on Hawlucha again! Hawlucha, go up!

The fox Pokémon blasts Flamethrower at the ground, propelling itself up. Sylveon is protected from the move. Pikachu and Hawlucha repeat the combo they did at the start of the battle.

J: *Laughs* But you forgot someone. Drapion, now!

ASH, SERENA: Oh, no!

The Pokémon appears behind Pikachu and uses Cross Poison. Pikachu is thrown to the shaking ground.

PIKACHU: PIKA!

ASH: PIKACHU!

The Trainer runs over despite the shaking ground and lifts the fainted Pikachu into his arms and retreats. He stands by Serena once again. The Earthquake finally stops.

ASH: Hawlucha, use High Jump Kick on Drapion!

SERENA: Sylveon, Disarming Voice! Fennekin, Flamethrower on Drapion!

J: Dodge! Salamance, Air Slash on Hawlucha! Drapion, keep using Cross Poison!

Drapion manages to dodge the High Jump Kick, dealing recoil damage to Hawlucha. On top of that, Air Slash hits the part Fighting- type, resulting in a faint.

ASH: Arceus! Return!

Sylveon is distracted with her troubled comrade and is hit directly with Cross Poison. It faints from the two super- effective hits. Serena quickly returns the Pokémon. Now, it's only Fennekin.

Behind the smoldering ruins, the rest of the group yells desperately. Their Pokémon are trying to smash the debris into smaller pieces, but the rest of J's crew intercepts, forcing them to battle.

SERENA: *Thinks* Now... Now is the time to be strong. The strongest I've ever been! Ash, everyone... We are all in trouble. I will take the burden. I will be the one to protect this time!

A familiar golden hue surrounds Serena and Fennekin.

SERENA: Let's go!