Chapter 4: Special Encounter

Last time, the group realized all of them were in the same class. While heading to the room, a wild Arcanine knocked Serena down. The group helped stop the Arcanine and save Serena. Once everything was over, Ash offered his hand to her, telling her she was tough. The chapter begins after Serena was checked by the nurse.

NURSE: You took quite a hit! Does anything hurt?

SERENA: *Shakes her head* I'm fine, thank you, though!

NURSE: In that case, you're still free to attend your classes. As for the other five of you, it is much appreciated for helping out Serena. Your teacher knows the reason you are late.

Everyone continues walking to their first class, constantly checking on Serena to see if she's okay.

CLEMONT: We haven't even started any classes yet, and you're going to make a big reputation around the school.

BARRY: Not one as big as mine, though! Too bad, Serena!

SERENA: *Sweat drops and smiles weakly* Right... I'll keep that in mind, I guess?

Everyone laughs at that, and when they enter their classroom, the two other students are already sitting down.

TEACHER: You must be the six the nurse talked to me about! And you *points to Serena* must be the new girl that got hit by the Arcanine.

CALEM: Nurse? What happened to her?

Everyone looks a bit surprised because Calem usually doesn't speak out often.

PAUL: Like I could care less. It's because of your own ignorance that you got hurt.

ASH: *Annoyed* You weren't even there, Paul, so how would you know?! Serena wasn't ignorant!

After that little dispute had been settled, the teacher explains the activity of the day. Each student will have one of their own Pokémon out with them and travel into the woods to collect berries. The point is to collect different varieties and kinds of berries, so it's best not to stay in one place to long. Whoever has the most different kinds of berries in the end when time is up wins the little contest, and gets a surprise reward from the teacher.

TEACHER: *Adds in* Any Pokémon you REALLY wish to have, you may battle and capture it. But the point of this game isn't to go around catching Pokémon, that's for another class. Also... Sorry, kids, but no working together. Your Pokémon are there to help you.

Everyone but Paul and Calem groan at that. They're all thinking, what's the point? Once everyone had their Pokémon out and ready to go, the teacher blew a whistle and they were off.

SERENA: Alright, Fennekin, when we see a new berry, I will throw you into the air as high as I can while you jump at the same time. Use scratch on the stem to the nearest berry you find, okay?

FENNEKIN: Fenne, Fen Fennekin! (Alright! Sounds good to me!)

All of the groups scatter, and Serena and Fennekin are determined to win. They spread out far from the others, so they don't get any ideas. Then, Serena spots a cute Pokémon.

SERENA: *Thinks* Maybe I should catch it! After all, the teacher said we could if we really wanted it. Plus, I have a feeling it's special!

Serena follows the cute Pokémon, to find out it is a shiny Eevee!