"Charlotte"

*I am Brittney Turner and I am a Pirate aboard the Black Pearl

I stayed inside our quarters for hours until Charlotte came in and shut the door behind her. She sat next to me on the bed silently before she gripped my hand. "Kayla said your mind was troubled.." she said sighing "by a number of reasons" she said softer and I grunted in reply. "Hard seeing them again huh?" she asked and I nodded my head.

"Yes" I answered, then she stood up.

"Jack told me to tell you we're half way to mermaid waters so...come out with a gun" she grinned. I gave a half-hearted smile in return "why aren't you talking?" she asked, surprisingly. Placing her hands on her hips.

"My throat hurts from yelling so much" I laughed then the ship seemed to have a sea-quake. I ran out to find that we were being followed by the Spanish.

"Oh, bloody foreigners" Crepsley growled, steering the boat away from the Spanish. The quake happened again.

"What the hell is that?" I asked, attempting to shift with the boat.

 "Cannons!" Someone yelled "we're being hit!" I nodded my thanks and just as I started walking below deck we got hit again and I fell down the stairs (yes we have three sets of stairs on the boat).

"Captain!" Gibbs yelled and helped me to my feet.

"I'm fine, I'm fine" I growled "I want you to ready this ship for battle or if we are in no stage get us the hell out of here and into Mermaid Waters" I whispered so only he and I could hear.

"Yes, Captain!" he said and started yelling out orders (you have to get through Mermaid Waters to get to Stranger Tides), I walked back up to the top deck to see the Spaniards boarding our ship. I took out my sword, and they all laughed at me. "Really?" I said with a smile and I heard Charlotte giggle.

I tore through those Spaniards like they were a flock of flamingos and I was the cheetah. I was killing all of them I saw. Once, I was cornered and had to run up the stairs, everyone was looking at me, including Jack. I got a little nervous, but I kept fighting. Then a rope grabbed me and pulled me up to the sails.

The Spaniards soon followed. I felt all eyes watching me. A Spaniard took a swipe at my feet but I jumped and almost lost my balance. Our swords continued to clash for minutes until he tried to stick me in the stomach but, I did a split, pushed myself up with my upper body and took his sword with my feet. I threw it in the air and caught it with my hands.

 I stood up to my full height, his sword, and mine, in hand. He looked at me for mercy and started pleading in Spanish (so I assumed). "I'm sorry, I have no idea what your saying so I'm just going to kill you, now" I smiled and with one swipe, cut his head off. I looked down at the wonderstruck crews and Captain, then said "that's why I'm Captain" I grabbed a rope and swung down, leaving the corpse of the Spaniard to rot and wither away. Also maybe to be lunch for the sea-gulls.

The boats where long gone when I came down. They had also seen the end of the fight and wanted nothing to do with us pirates. I got pats on the back as I made my way to the bow of the ship, "now now listen don't be going soft on me...get your bloody mops and scrubs and clean this damned ship up...we have to look nice for the mermaids" I said with a evil grin. They grumbled but respected my word, especially seeing the show I put on for them. Charlotte and Kayla came out of hiding with open mouths and wide eyes.

"H-h-how'd you do that?" Charlotte asked, her eyes the size of pieces of eight.

 "Picked it up from watching my father so many times in practice" I answered,  Kayla had a evil smirk on her face.

"It is not just us you have impressed" she whispered I looked down at my feet trying to hide my blushing.

"Aw, she's blushing!" Charlotte whispered excitedly.

 "I told you you're not good a whispering" I said looking up at her with dark red cheeks. Then I glanced back over to Charlotte "I am mad" and she laughed at me. Later that day I was manning the wheel when Jack approached me.

"That was amazing" he said referring to the battle we had earlier, I just smiled at the complement.

"Well, I can't take all the credit...the rest goes to the dimwit who decided to challenge me" I said looking out on the green-blue water ahead, attempting to hide my anxiousness.

"Yes, they were pretty stupid" He said wrapping his arms around my waist. I gulped in nervousness. "So...why did you decide to join the pirates?" He asked then I looked up at him.

"L-later" I murmured "I'll tell you later" I clarified he unwrapped his arms and walked down the steps in silence. When I heard the door shut, I relaxed. My eyes started to get blurry so I gave the wheel to Gibbs, one of Jacks collages. I went to go find Kayla and clarify what I was feeling. Little did I know Jack hadn't went inside, he just shut the door to make it look like he did.

He was actually watching me. I found her at the table "Kayla--" I started.

"You are feeling love but you do not want to express it unless Jack likes you back, and believe me, he does. So, just let go and trust...I know it's hard but, you have to" she explained. I still had my mouth open but no words came out.

"Um...alrighty then" I said "but Kayla--" I began to whine.

"Like I said, it's not easy...if it was that easy everyone who ever feel in love with each other would be married and already have children...oh, and he does love you" she said with a smile. "I think it is funny how you can kill thirty enemy's easy, but, not tell one man that you love him."

"You hate the enemy and you don't have to say 'I love you' which is really hard, but it gets even harder when you see the person....because you get all nervous and choked up and you blush then you think you blew it and..." I trailed off and I put my head down on the table. "I'm babbling aren't I?" I asked my voice muffled my the table.

"Like a idiot" Kayla said evenly. "I know this is hard because you've never fell in love with anyone before, but, you have to do it....and I think the time is now" she said, I looked up to see a evil smile on her face.

"Oh no you didn't" I whispered, feeling a knot form in my gut, then, I felt hands wrap around me and pull me up and out. Jack pushed me against the wall (it was dusk and no one was on the deck).

"I see the blushing" he said with a smile, then he pushed his lips to mine, his lips were baby soft and warm. Soon I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist. He pulled away for a minute and kissed my neck. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, only to open them and see a shocked Charlotte. I grew stiff and Jack, feeling the shock that ran threw me, turned around but he didn't know what the shock in Charlotte's eyes meant.

I saw Charlotte's jaw quiver and her eyes grow watery. She dropped the basket of clothing she had been carrying and ran away from us, crying."Charlotte!" I yelled but she kept running until she found the map room. "Charlotte, please" I said twisting the door knob only to find that it was locked.

"Charlotte" I mumbled, sadly.

 "No!" she yelled to a point of where everyone could hear her "I liked him, and you knew it, but no, you had to!" she screamed, sobs breaking up her sentence.

"Charlotte" I mumbled again, my head gently hitting the door.