Trial One

I am Brittney Turner and I am going to accomplish this task to become the first female Pirate Lord

"Alright, Miss. Turner, your first task is to dive down into the water and retrieve the items on your list...no more and no less" Captain Ammand directed. Captain Ammand, Captain Barbossa, Captain Ching, Jack and I were all in Ching's boat, the Flesh Eater.

"What is the goal for this?" I asked as I took off my hat and gave it to Jack, who waited patiently beside me.

"Agility" Ammand replied as I shrugged off my coat. "Now, you are only allowed to bring your artifact" he said "give me your sword" he added, outstretching his hand.

 "That is my artifact" I growled, he looked at me in surprise "you want proof? Give me something hard to cut through" I added smiling triumphantly as Ammand mumbled curses to himself.

"Alright....go!" Captain Ching ordered and I quickly dove off of the boat. Carrying nothing with me except a pack to hold the items from the 'scavenger hunt', my list, and my sword. I tore the list out of my pack. I hadn't read it until now.

*3 pearls

*4 sea sponges

*2 wild lobster

*1 stone of Rasputin

*2 mermaid scales

Mermaid scales? Where on earth am I going to.....then, it hit me. I was in Mermaid Waters! Soon, mermaids begain to swim all around me, attempting to figure out what in the hell I was! One mermaid decided to help me, but, I couldn't see her face it is so murky in Mermaid Waters that you couldn't tell a elephant from a beetle!

She willingly gave me the two scales that I needed. I found the sea sponges, lobsters and mermaid scales easy, but I had trouble with the pearls and stone of Rasputin. The Mermaids watched me open oysters in order to find the pearls. Surprisingly, many of them wanted to help. The only problem with finding the stone of Rasputin was I had never seen it before!

 There were many more stones of Rasputin, but only five existed in the Caribbean, and one of them lay hidden in mermaid waters. I had a tight grip on my sword when it started to glow a yellowish color and come out of its holster. It  pulled me through the water so fast I couldn't open my eyes to see! It lead me until I was on the Island of Lost Fishermen. Many fishermen lose their way by being distracted by mermaids, this is where the mermaids lead them and its a all you can eat buffet!

I was soaking wet. I gathered all of my items except for the stone. The water was colder than normal and I would soon have hypothermia if I didn't hurry. I pulled my sword from its holster  and commanded it for the first time."Take me to the stone" I demanded in a even tone, in response my sword glowed yellow and within seconds I was flying though the air!

My sword stopped in front of a great cave. Not as big as the Brethren Court's cave but, still a pretty good size compared. I soon heard the lapping of water on wood I glanced behind my shoulder to see the Flesh Eater not far away. "Take me to the stone" I ordered once again and my sword glowed red this time. My sword shot me up into the sky.

I looked down and saw that the Flesh Eater was nothing but a tiny dot on a giant blue-green pin board. Something red and shiny caught my eye atop the giant cave. "The stone!" I gasped and at that moment my sword glowed blue and took me down.....down....down until I was on top of the cave. I walked over to the stone and my sword glowed a different assortment of colors.

It jerked itself out of my hand and dug out the stone, then, popped the stone into my hand where it glowed black then shot up a ray into the sky. I looked over at the Flesh Eater and found that the other pirates were staring as well. Did they know what was going on? By their open mouths, I thought not. Then my sword flew over, into the ray and got bigger, sharper, and was now black with blue flame licks at the bottom.

The stone was now in my sword!

 My sword placed itself in my hand and gave me a easy flight back to the ship. "Sorry, mate, have to keep this one" I said looking at my *artifact*. "The stone turned into my artifact so by all means its mine" I said with a smirk.

"And, by all means, you passed the first trial" Ammand said, his mouth still wide open and his eyes wide with surprise.

"One down five more to go" I murmured as I walked over to Jack, who offered my hat and jacket to me with a smile.