Cut Hands And Rum

You can't teach old Pirates new tricks...

I swung down from the tree, I had my sword ready, but what I wasn't expecting was that the chief had seen me the entire time! His arm shot back at me with lighting speed, I couldn't dodge it. It cut the fabric to my coat. I quickly swiped for his head but his sword caught mine. Minutes later, our swords were still clashing but I noticed no one else was fighting, they were all staring.

The chief tried to cut my feet but I jumped and landed in a split. I could feel my parents eyes concentrating on me. The Spaniard tried to make short work of me and slice my head open with his sword, but I caught his sword in mid-swing with my palms. Waves of pain ran through me as his sword pierced my flesh, but I held up. Soon, blood started running down my arm and forming a pool in the sand.

"Hurts....no?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow and smiling victoriously.

"No" I growled pushed his sword up, drop kicking him. I quickly grabbed my sword and prepared for a fight, but the Spaniard chief stayed down.

"Please" he whimpered "spare me" I put my sword to his throat and sighed.

"Sorry, mate, I don't take prisoners" I said, I rose the sword high above my head, and his head fell to the sand! I looked up from his lifeless body and put my bloody sword in its holster, then I walked over to the ocean and dipped my bloody hands in the water. The salt water stung, but I've hurt worse. I looked up and saw that my parents were disgusted with my act of piracy. I glanced over to the 'Pearl and the crew was singing merrily.

When I boarded the Black Pearl Kayla rushed to my side and hugged me hard. "How are your hands?" she asked urgently, taking up my arms and turning my palms over.

"I'm fine Kayla...clam down" I said I looked over to see a smiling Jack at the stern. I slipped my hands out of Kayla's and walked up to him, my heart thundered with every step I took.

"Beautiful" he said, I slipped my cut hands into his warm and muscular ones. I layed my head on his shoulder and watched our crew celebrate, I was so comfortable.

"They think it's over" I whispered and Jack sighed.

 "It's not even close, love" Jack said looking down at me. I gave Jack a quick kiss on the cheek then had to leave because Kayla yelled for me.

"Brittney" she said grabbing my shoulders "we need to get to the nearest port" she growled then her eyes flashed again.

"Why?" I asked, frantically.

"We just...we need to!" she said, her grip tightening on my shoulders. I nodded reluctantly went back up to Jack and told him the plan. I looked over to where my parents' boat was but they were gone.

*The nearest port for us was Galveston. It was halfly under Caribbean control and the other half under Spanish control. When we docked I went to Kayla "why did we need to port?"

"Davy was chasing us from underwater... he can't here" Kayla clarified, I nodded and turned to Jack, who had just left the helm. 

"Well, as long as we're here we should go get some more rum" I said slyly.

"Aye, aye to that!" Jack laughed then Kayla's eyes flashed again.

"What?" I whispered to her, she shook her head and Jack pulled me off of the Black Pearl, to get some more rum.

*When Jack and I were coming back, rolling two barrels of rum, I saw familiar blue sails. "Oh, damn" I said and Jack looked up.

"It's fine, love...what's the worst they could do?" he asked, huffing and puffing from rolling the heavy barrel.

"Sink the Black Pearl

"Well, there's that" he said pushing his barrel faster, I giggled. When we reached the Black Pearl we had to stop and rest for a minute.

"Ya know what, Jack? I like this" I said with a half smile, staring up at the cresent moon.

 "What? Being a pirate?" he asked, sucking in air. I nodded and we sat on the huge barrels of alcoholic liquid. 

"Now if I see my parents I can fight them" I giggled, staring over at Jack, who smiled and tapped his knees.

"And win" Jack finished, I smiled and after a few moments of silence (and Jack's heavy breathing) we rolled the barrels of rum on to the Black Pearl, making Gibbs and Creep roll the other nine.