Memories

Kayla's Calypso? Then, how old is she?

The Flying Dutchman seemed to defey gravity as Kayla picked it up by the sails! I had fallen down and was rolling around on the deck like one of Jack's bottles of rum! Finally, I rolled over to where someone dropped their sword. I wrapped my bound hands around a door knob and heaved myself to my feet, I turned so I was facing the back of the boat and stumbled over to the fallen sword. Next I put my arms around the sword and pulled from left to right.

I started to smell smoke, for; I was rubbing the rope very fast against the blade of the sword, I also began to have pains in my hands. Every few seconds my hand would touch the sword and it would receive a stinging cut. A few moments later and the rope finally snapped, I was able to untie my feet and remove the cloth from my mouth "Kayla!" I screamed from the deck, but she couldn't hear me. She was ranting and raving about Davy pirate knapping me.

"Kayla!" I screamed again "oh, damn it all!" I growled to myself, I grabbed the sword I used to free myself and started climbing to the top of the sail. "Kayla!" I screeched, when I reached the top.

She still couldn't hear my screams because of the wind, so, I took up the sword "you brought this upon yourself" I growled as if she could hear me. Then, I stuck the sword deep into her hand, which, sent us on a one way trip to a crash landing. I clung to the sail as we dropped down to the water, knowing that this would hurt like hell. I heard someone yell, but, this wasn't a normal yell, it sounded humored almost, I glanced up from the sail to find Jack swinging on a rope over to the Flying Dutchman. I eased up on my grip but not too much, the next thing I know I was flying through the air, clinging to Jack.

When we landed back on the Black Pearl the Flying Dutchman hit the water so hard it went under. Not like it was much of a problem. "And that, my dear, was without a drop of rum" Jack said, his smiling shining with confidence; I smiled and gave him a tight hug. I was trying to wrap my head around what he just did and how impossible it was. Kayla leaned down to our boat and said something to Jack that made him smile.

 Yet again, I'm clueless because I don't speak Italian. Then, out of nowhere, Kayla shrunk back down to normal size! "We need to talk" I said crossing my arms, she gave a sheepish grin.

*"So all of my memories of you are....fake?" I asked, leaning on the kitchen table, Jack, Kayla and I all sat at the table, discussing the problems as of late.

"Not necessarily" Kayla said "most of them are fake, yes, but some of them are genuine" she added  "the last four years of your memories are genuine."

"What was fake?" I murmured then an eerie silence engulfed us. "What was fake?" I asked again, staring deep into Kayla's eyes.

"Just...the memories of when we were little through....n-nine years of age" she explained, I felt my heart plummet deep into my stomach.

"A third of my life is...a lie?" I asked, feeling the bite of tears stinging my eyes.

"Well...yes, sweetie" Kayla agreed, Jack slipped his hand into mine and squeezed. Somehow, this action comforted me. 

"Wow" I whispered, I shook my head and felt a desperate need to change the subject. "H-how many trials do I have left?" I asked, looking up to Jack, who gave a weak smile.

"Two"

"How far away are we from the next trail?" I asked, feeling the full effect of the strangling silence.

"Not too far" Kayla answered.

"Round up the Pirate Lords and...uh, lets go" I said, tapping the table and walking out of the kitchen, followed by Jack. But, when I walked out on deck, I nearly had a heart attack, It was a whole armada of my parents' boats! They were on our tail too, the rest Pirate Lords had also seen the problem and where barking out orders. Not too far after Jack and I came out on deck we all heard a muffled screeching, It  was the Flying Dutchman's hull against the ocean floor! We had the Flying Dutchman and my parents' ships following us, one was underwater and the other was above, gliding on the glassy surface.

We couldn't face them all at the same time, not with only one boat. The other Pirate Lords had to get their boats, then, we might stand a chance. "Full steam ahead!" Barbossa howled while all the Pirate Lords were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Kayla pulled me to the side and we began saying a spell that would help us get away from Jones. I didn't believe it would work, but we still tried.

Then, in the middle of the spell, Kayla started to sing "Hoist the Colours" finally, I got the message. "Hoist the colours!" I screamed, momentarily, the skull and crossbones was flying proudly at the top of the mast.

This was the beginning of the end.