Skip In My Step

Sorry if I'm all giggly im just.....in love...

The first person I ran to when I got back on the ship was Jack. "Brittney!" he cried hugging me, then he let go of me "where'd ya get the dress and where can you get more?" I giggled. I still had the slim, not-so-white dress on.

Kayla came over to me whilst Jack and I were talking. "Having fun?" she asked, I just smiled and nodded. "Glad you're back" she added tearing me away from Jack and into a hug of her own.

"Alrighty, mates, we have to get back on track for Mermaid Waters, ya see, Miss. Turner has to finish her trials" Barbossa said, addressing the entirety of the crew. 

"Aye, aye captain" Jack yelled "but I have the bigger telescope" he added and showed Barbossa a two foot long, black telescope.

"Alright, Jack...since you have the bigger telescope why don't you man our course?" Barbossa asked knowing Jack would either get nervous or decline.

"Well, um...I"

"Jack" I said "We really need you to"  I added, he nodded like a love sick puppy and ran up to the bow, opened the telescope and started looking out to the ocean, on my orders! We all stared for a moment.

"Aren't we sailing to Mermaid Waters?" He asked, we all nodded and moments later there were deckhands everywhere. Because we had double the crew it was more likely for them to bump into each other and hurt something or someone. I tried looking for Brandy and Charlotte but Kayla just told me to stop (Brandy had been spending time with Charlotte since her incident). I didn't think that it was very fair, for what Charlotte did, I mean, I know what I did was not very...right, but it was an accident.

A happy, wonderful accident.

 And now Charlotte wants me and Jack to hate each other for her happiness and my misery? That's not going to happen. Not unless hell freezes over and Davey Jones is in it. I sat at the dinner table with Kayla for a long while, without speaking. "So, um, what happened on the boat while I was gone?"

I asked after what seemed like days of silence. "Chaos" Kayla replied with a laugh "a ship needs her captain" Kayla said smiling at me and patting my knee.

"I can't believe it" I said after a long pause.

 "That your a pirate lord?" Kayla asked, taking a sip of rum.

"No, that I still have this wet dress on" I said, laughing and getting up from my chair, continuing to laugh.

 "I know why" Kayla said "because Jack likes it" she said with a sly smile and while I was walking out I murmured.

"Maybe"

I was putting on my shirt when I heard the door open to the Captain's Quarters. I was in the closet room which was very big, changeing into my clothing. The doorknob twisted "Alright, who's in there?" Jack asked, a hint of jollity in his voice.

"Um, Jack I'm changing" I said, pulling on trousers.

"So, why can't I come in?" he asked softly and sensually. I banged on the door where his head was.

"You and Kayla, I sware" I mumbled "what do you need?" I asked, tying my corset tighter.

"My hat"

"No hat here" I said after a few moments of combing the closet.

"Damned monkey" he grumped before walking away and shutting the door. I quickly threw on my boots and hat, I don't want an encounter with Jack when he was angry. I walked out of the quarters to find Jack chasing after Barbossa's monkey for his hat. I giggled and whispered to my sword; it flew out of my hand and pinned his hat against the wall. Jack looked up to see me smiling "yeah I was just about to do that" he said and walked over to the sword, yanking it out of the wall and placing his had back upon his head. 

"Alright then, back to work I go" he said flashing a smile to me, grabbing the huge telescope and getting back to watching the sparkling ocean. I walked over to Kayla who was looking out at the sea from the starboard side.

"Its beautiful, ya know?" she asked as we watched the water shine and glimmer, I grunted in reply. It was almost too beautiful for words. Someone stepped up on the other side of me, Brandy. "Well, she's still crying her eyes out, but, not as much red eye as yesterday" she said then she glanced over  to me.

"She hopes that you'll die on the trails" Brandy added, turning back to the ocean.

"I know, word spreads like the plague on this boat" I growled, then paused. "Well, when we get to the nearest port, she's coming off the ship" I added still marveling at the water. "Tell her if she doesn't come out and start acting like a crew member aboard this ship I'll throw her over board and leave her to the mermaids" I finished to Brandy, smiling, Brandy walked away with a little more skip in her step.

"Wow" Kayla mouthed.

" A captain's got to do what a captain's got to do....and this is starting to get on my nerves....now I don't care if she hates me forever or wishes my death, but, when she is aboard this ship and isn't the captain, she needs to get her ass out here and work like the others" I growled, now over at Kayla.

"Wow!" she said even higher tone "you are a natural born captain" she smiled, patted my back, and left me to my thoughts.