"Belay"

"If I don't kill a man once in a while they forget who I am"

I was looking at the strange coin that Kayla gave me. I tossed it around in my hands, it looked like a normal Aztec coin, but I knew it wasn't. If Davy Jones gave it to her, I knew it wasn't normal. Or it was, and I was just over-speculating. We had just passed Tortuga from what I understood from the crows nest.

Singapore will be days of sailing away, that is if we don't get an encounter by fish face, the-pirate-that-all-pirates-fear or if we don't get caught in a sea squall. I knew one of the three would happen, it was inevitable. We were leading the pack of Pirate Lords. The other Pirate Lord's main concern was Pirate Lord Ching and his capturer Davy Jones. My concern was, stabbing the heart, and Adam coming after me.

My wondering about everything gave me a headache so I went out on deck to get some fresh air. I was staring off of the port side when Crepsley came up behind me. "What?" I asked calmly, not moving a muscle toward him. He said nothing but walked beside me.

"About getting another ship..." he said trailing off.

"For god sake's, I told yo-"

"The crew is angry with you" he quickly cut in. I looked at him strangely "look, I'm doing this for your own good" he said, then we both paused. If a crew got too angry with a captain, the crew would commit mutiny and over-throw a captain and make the first-mate the new captain. The captain would either leave the boat or become quartermaster.

"Why aren't they happy?" I asked training my eyes on the sea.

"It's too crowded on the Black Pearl....we need another ship...Brittney, I'm only trying to do the best....I don't want to commit mutiny against you a-"

"Belay" I whispered and walked away.

*The crew wasn't happy with me, eh? I'll show those-- Stopping my ranting dead in its tracks, Jack's crew brought up someone from below deck. "Who in the name of Davy Jones is this?" Kayla growled.

"That's my job" Jack said "who is it?" 

"Stowaway cap'in" Jack's gunner said, It was a man. He had torn trousers, and a blood stained shirt. He was very thin and his brown hair was stained with gun powder. His eyes red and wild along with shaking hands and  he was murmuring something in a different language, Jamaican. He broke free from the crew members grasps ran over to me. He grasped my coat and whispered "he is coming, he will not stop until you are all dead, your sword is powerful but no match for him, he is coming faster then expected....he is coming, coming!"  after a brief pause I sighed.

"I know, mate...belay" I whispered then shot him in the heart.

"Why'd ya do that?" Crepsley shouted angrily.

"If I don't kill a man every once in a while you'll forget who I am" I said grimly putting my pistol back in its holster and looking down at the dead body "throw it overboard" I commanded solemnly, walking away, into the kitchen.

Pirate words

Belay: Be quiet or shut up.

Squall: Bad storm.

Mutiny: Back stab or the crew overthrowing the Captain.

Stowaway: A person that comes on a boat without asking permission of the Captain.

Gunner: Person aboard the ship who man's the cannons during battle.

Holster: A pocket that you attach to your belt in order to hold your gun or your cutlass.

Cutlass: Another word for sword.