1

CHAPTER 1:

~(JADE'S POV) Another day in my own personal hell. School. Wonderful. School just seems like a huge game to me, a game which we play with our minds against society.

I thought that my "new kid" status Would have disappeared by now, four months into school. But it hasn't. I still get the, "do you know her?" Look from random passerby's in the hall.

Teachers know my name, though, because I do my work well. I wouldn't say I'm a nerd, just a..."scholar".

To be honest, I was ten times happier before my newfound best friend, Stephanie, got her boyfriend, Louis Tomlinson. Steph and I live in the same neighborhood and I thought we clicked instantly. But ever since Louis came along, she doesn't talk to me...or at least not when he's around. Am I really that embarrassing?

I have three classes with Steph, two with Louis, and one with Steph and Louis, so I see them whether they like it or not. Oh, and Let's not forget the popular group who loves to try to push me around at every chance they get. Especially that blonde boy, Niall Horan. My distaste for him is only expressed to myself, for every other girl fawns over him.

Yeah, he could be cute, but he doesn't seem to have any depth inside of his head besides a cocky attitude. Niall loves to knock my books out of my hands when we pass in the hall, and completely bash me during English, science, and drama, the three classes we have together. Speaking of the devil, here he comes now...