32

Chapter 32:

~(Jade's POV) What? I heard it, but I can't believe it. Did Louis just say he likes me? No no no no no. I didn't know how to respond, so I said the first thing that came to my mind, "Louis Im lesbian." Ok so it's from a cheesy movie, but it was my first thought. He laughed. "That's a good one Jade," he chuckled. I gave a weak smile. Fuck. Fucking shit mother dick fuck dammit. I need to get out of this. He's waiting for me to say it back, but I can't. I just can't. "Jade..." He said, taking my hand. I instantly pulled it away and stood up from the couch. "I just...I can't," I said, turning to him. His face was distraught with pain. Tears started to well up in my eyes. "W...what?" He asked, shocked. "I can't, Louis. I just can't," I said. I don't even know what I can't do. I just can't. "I thought you liked me back...I thought..we, we kissed and you didn't pull back and...we, we could be something couldn't we?" He asked. "Yes, no...I don't know! I can't Louis! I fucking can't do it ok? just leave it, alright?" I said. Doesn't he understand I just need to say no, or have time to think? He just dropped all of this on me and expects me to hop aboard the Louis train? No. "Wow..." He said, looking to the floor. I turned away, not wanting to see his face because I know it would break me to pieces. "Why?" He asked, irritated all of the sudden. "Does it matter?" I asked back, not knowing the answer to his question. "Yeah, that's kind of why I asked it," he replied like a smart ass. "Don't be short with me Louis. I'm so done with all of this right now," I replied. "I know what this is about," he said, standing up. He was taller than me, so he stood over me a little, his jaw tightened. "This is about Horan, isn't it, 'princess'?" He asked. Fucking princess. "I'm not yours, or anyone else's damn princess," I said, standing my ground. "Of course you're not my princess. You made that damn clear when you just stomped on my fucking heart. I poured my relationship down the damn drain for you! You! Just to be shit on. And the worst part is, I still can't look at you without feeling attracted to you," he shouted. "Keep it down, it's half past four AM and my mom is asleep," I said, trying to calm him down a little. "But, You know, if you liked me SO much you shouldn't have gone out with Stephanie in the first place," I spat. He laughed. "You have no fucking idea about anything. Your head is so consumed with everything except the obvious. You can't even keep yourself away from Horan, let alone realize how much we BOTH like you! I've been your damn eyes and ears ever since you got here and all I get is an 'I can't.' You can like me, and you know it. You just won't let yourself for some fucked up reason," he said, his tone softer. "I-" "stop," he interrupted, "I don't want to hear anything else, ok? My brain is going to explode with all of this shit that's going on. Just know that...that I'm here. Wherever 'here' is. Just know that...dammit I care about you and I hate you all at the Same time. You can be a real bitch," he said. He didn't have venom in his words. He seemed like he said it to help me, not to hurt me. Unlike when he said it to Stephanie. He slowly walked through the living room and to the front door. It took him a second before he opened it, looked back at me, and then walked out. Out of the room. Out of my house. Out of my life..? I don't know. And with that I curled into a ball and cried. I just...just cried.

#playthegamefanfic