37

*LISTEN TO KISS ME BY ED SHEERAN ON REPEAT WHILE READING THIS*

Chapter 37:

~(Jade's POV) My heart skipped a beat. Ok, maybe two beats. Or four. Or maybe I died. But when Niall sang those words to me, his blonde hair sticking out of his backwards SnapBack, his small smirk, his bright blue eyes...I think I imploded. My breath hitched and I didn't move. He still had his hand with the towel on my now clean arm. He held my gaze as he slowly put the towel on the counter. He wrapped his hands around my waist and started swaying back and forth. "Kiss me, like you wanna be loved," he sang, eyes never leaving mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, dancing. "You wanna be loved," he sang again, swaying us to the sound of his voice. "You wanna be loved," he almost whispered, pulling me closer to him. Our chests were almost touching. What's going on? I..I don't even know. "This feels like-" "falling in love," I harmonized. "Falling in love," we both lightly sang. My eyes never left his. He held me in almost a hug, with our bodies close and foreheads touching. He leaned in slowly. His lips hovered over mine and I fluttered my eyes closed, waiting for our lips to touch. "We're falling in love," he sang against my lips. His hot breath hitting mine. After what felt like forever, he lightly put his lips on mine. So lightly I could barely tell it was happening, it felt like a feather. We stayed like that for...I don't know how long. When we pulled apart he smiled. My lips were tingling. Where is this Niall coming from? Where was the guy who called me his bitch? What the hell...he slowly took his hands off of my body and I did the same. We didn't say anything. It wasn't an awkward silence, but it wasn't necessarily comfortable either. All of the sudden his stomach growled. "Hungry?" I asked. He nervously put his hand on the back of his neck and chuckled. "Definitely," he said, and grabbed my hand with his. It took me a second, but my muscles relaxed into his hand. We walked to the door, just about to leave, when Niall asked, "what about the glass, klutz?" "Shit," I muttered, not in the mood at all. I held onto his hand and pulled him to the hall closet. I handed him a dust pan and I grabbed a broom and we cleaned up the mess quickly. After discarding the glass and humming to ourselves, he took my hand in his again. "Ready for some food, love?" He asked. "I'm starving," I whined and he laughed that adorable laugh. We walked out of my house, locking the door behind us, and into his car. And in those few seconds I sat alone whilst he walked to his side of the car, I thought: Am I, Jade Wensley, falling for Niall Horan?

#playthegamefanfic