12

~(Jade's POV) I slowly walked down the long hallway, lost in thought. What did Niall mean? And what part am I going to get in the play? We get to find out about the musical tomorrow after school, but I don't know if I will ever find out what Niall meant...and I don't know if I want to.

The ride home consisted of a lot of singing and rocking out. "Anna Sun" and "Shiver Shiver" by Walk the Moon were on repeat and filled up my black Toyata Matrix.

It was dark when I got home and I had two essays to right. Shit. I unlocked the door and realized mom still was at work. Typical.

I walked into my room and turned on the computer, determined to finish these essays. The first was a persuasive essay I got done in a breeze, but the second was on World History.

I tried...I tried hard to get it done, but before I knew it, I woke up without even realizing I had fallen asleep. I looked at the clock, 12:36 am.

I checked my phone and saw I had ten missed calls, two voicemails, and one text.

One call, voicemail, and text was from my mom, telling me she'd be home by 1:00 AM.

The rest were from Stephanie. Oh shit. I braced myself for the two voicemails waiting for me. The first was from 7:00 pm.

"Hey Jade. I um, I just wanted to apologize to you for being such a bitch about earlier, I hope we can still be friends." I sighed in relief. Thank God.

The second voicemail was from 10:35 pm.

 "Jade. I...I...we need to talk. Now. I can't...I just have to talk to you. Soon. In person." It sounded like she was crying. She must know. Shit