8

Chapter 8: 

~(Jade’s POV) We kissed for only a minute or so, not turning it into something passionate, but just embracing the feeling of having each other. As we pulled apart, I looked into Louis' blue eyes and searched to find the answer as to why he just kissed me.

"I, uh, I-" he started, being cut off by Mr. Brod's whistle signaling everyone to start doing the sit ups.

Each time Louis came up he couldn't look me in the eyes. I didn't want to interrupt his pace, so I decided not to talk to him.

We switched and it was my turn to do the sit ups. Louis and I didn't exchange a word as we switched spots. The whistle blew and I tried my best to do as many as I could.

Fuck, my chest is burning. I took deep breaths and continued. Mr. Brod blew the whistle and I collapsed onto the mat, breathing hard, my chest burning.

"Jade, are you ok?" Louis asked. I coughed and Louis took my hand to help me up.

"Yeah...I, I guess I'm fine," I said, not wanting to worry him. The burning stopped and we recorded our scores.

I turned to Louis and awkwardly cleared my throat.

"I...I don't know," he said. I wasn't upset about the kiss..just in shock. I was so taken aback that I don't even think I had time to feel anything. Louis traced my jawline with his soft fingers, looked me in the eyes, and quickly looked away. He turned around and muttered,

"Shit," and walked away. Shit. Exactly. I stood there, not knowing what else to do. What do you do in this situation? I guess it's one more thing to add to the fire.

"Focus," I whispered to myself, trying to take my mind off of it, and focus in my audition after next period. The bell rang and everyone rushed into the locker rooms. I sighed.

"Focus. Stay focused," I kept telling myself as I changed and wondered through the halls and into my next classroom.