62

Chapter 62

~(Jade's POV) Fancy. Okay, I can find something fancy in twenty minutes. I got this. I took off my normal clothes and stood in front of my closet in just my bra and underwear. I clicked on my iPod and got down to business. I finally decided on a white, short, lacey dress with some nude heels and the matching heart couple necklace Niall got me for our three month anniversary. Ten minutes left. I ran to the bathroom where I had already turned on my Wand curling iron (smart, I know), and opened up my make up bag. Silver, sparkly eye shadow with a little bit of top liner and mascara was good enough for the eyes, and took no time at all. I added a really light lipstick and lip gloss to finish off my face. Five minutes left. Hair time. I picked up the wand and did some soft curls where they needed to be and finished with a white bow to get my side bangs out of my face. I looked in the mirror just as my phone rang. "Hey beautiful, I'm about to come inside, are you ready?" Niall asked from the other end. "Yep, just let me grab my purse. Come in," I said and hung up. I put my phone, wallet, and other necessities inside, put on my heels, and made my way downstairs just as I heard the front door close. I finally made it to the bottom step and looked up to see Niall eyeing me up and down. "Wow," he puffed. I thought the same thing about him. He was wearing an open black blazer, white V-neck, black jeans (that looked almost like slacks), and his famous black Supras. His hair was up in a quiff with his natural brown roots showing more than usual because he hasn't dyed his hair. I loved it like that. "Wow indeed," I smiled. I felt my face heat up as he kept looking at me. I took another step forward and he blinked and took my hand. "You're going to love this place," he smiled. He smells so good. I'm always overwhelmed by his natural scent, but when he's all dressed up and wears that cologne it just is too much. Perfect. "You really do look gorgeous, Jade," he said as he opened my front door for me. "Thank you. You look really handsome," I smiled cheekily. He laughed and closed the door behind him as we walked to his car. We got in and I realized that it was going to be an early dinner, only 5:00. The car ride was filled with questions about how I felt after the accident, jokes, compliments, and me questioning where the hell we were going. "It's a surprise!" he kept saying. After about an hour in the car, I wasn't able to tell where we were anymore, which always makes me nervous no matter whom I'm with. Finally the car started to slow down and I realized we were pulling up to a little beach. A restaurant on the beach is so Niall. I smiled to myself as I pictured what the place would look like. Probably big and fancy with lots of dressed up waiters and classy old people. Or maybe it would be small and classy with wine so fancy you can't pronounce the names. I was caught up in my trance that I didn't realize the car had stopped until Niall tapped my hand. "We are here, darling," he said as he got out of the car to open my door. I looked around where we were parked and saw...nothing. There was absolutely nothing except sand and ocean. What the hell? Niall opened my door and I slowly climbed out. "Niall, why are we at an empty beach?" I laughed. "You'll see," he sang. I took his hand and we walked down the little pathway that was cleared of sand and onto sand in front of the endless amount of ocean before us. I inhaled the familiar scent of the ocean and looked at Niall. I love seeing him so happy. We took off our shoes and walked along the shore and we talked about how cool it would be to sail around the world and visit a bunch of countries. After about ten minutes, Niall turned left, away from the ocean and up towards the sand again. I finally saw what this was. When we got up to it I couldn't help but smile. There was a small table with two chairs and two menus sitting under a little white tent. It was absolutely beautiful. "Is that for us?" I asked. "For you," he smiled. We walked up to the table and sat in the chairs. I looked at the menu to see the name of a restaurant I didn't recognize. Out of nowhere, a waiter dressed in all black walked up to the table and asked for our orders. Once we were done he walked back behind the shrubs a few hundred yards away, and that's when I saw it. I saw a huge mansions-looking restaurant atop the huge seaside cliffs. "How did you do this?" I asked in disbelief. "It doesn't matter. I just thought it would be more special if we had fancy restaurant quality food in private," he smiled. "I can't believe you did this for me," I said as I comprehended what he was saying. "I would do anything and everything for you. I...I really like you, Jade. I want us to always work." My heart skipped. Part of me thought he was going to say the three words I have been waiting for. Maybe I'm moving too fast for that. Stop it. I need to just enjoy this moment. This moment in which he is here with me and I with him, and we are together, happily. That's the word that matters right now: Happiness. "I do too," I smiled. The waiter came back with our food and we ate and laughed like we never had before. The sound of the ocean crashing next to us was so relaxing compared to the normal hustle and bustle of the city. It was perfect. The rest of the meal and time spent at the little black table flew by. By the time we walked back to the car it was already 9:00. "It got late fast," Niall said as we walked up to the car. I leaned on the car as he unlocked the door. "Time flies when you're having fun," I smiled. He unlocked my door and stood in front of me. He took me hands in his and kissed them both before lightly kissing my forehead, nose, and finally my lips. It's been too long since we've had a real meaningful kiss and I didn't realize how much I had missed it. Once we broke we both couldn't stop smiling. I hopped in the car and he drove me home. When we got back to my house, he walked me to the front door and gave me a goodbye hug. "Niall," I asked. "Yes, love?" "Do you think...I mean, If you don't mind, could you maybe stay with me tonight?" I asked nervously. "It would be my pleasure," he smiled as he gave me a quick kiss and I unlocked the door. Once inside we walked upstairs and I stripped and hopped into the shower. Halfway through I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Yes?" I asked as the warm water seemed to melt on my skin. "Can I join you?" asked a cheeky boy from the other side. "Niall, you know I can't do anything risky because of the surgery. I need to wait a little," I sighed. "I know, I just wanted to shower with you," he whined. "You know what that could lead to..." I said as the water poured on. "Fine. Can I at least kiss you when you get out?" He asked. "Of course," I laughed and turned off the water. I wrapped myself in a towel and opened the door to an awaiting, shirtless Niall. "There she is," he whispered, as he wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned in for a kiss. I stopped it before it got too heated, and grabbed my pajamas from my dresser. I was about to go into the bathroom when Niall stopped me. "I was actually thinking. Do you think...I mean, if you don't mind, could you maybe wear this?" he asked, imitating me. He held up his shirt from earlier that day that he must've left in his car. I laughed and took the shirt from him and changed into it. "I'll never get over how perfect you look, especially in my clothes," he smiled. I jumped onto my bed and got under the covers. "So what's the deal for the rest of our adventure?" I asked as he got on the bed. "Well I guess you'll just have to find out," he winked. He leaned over and turned off the night stand lamp. "Goodnight, beautiful."

#playthegamefanfic