64

Chapter 64:

~(Jade's POV) "Wh..What?" I asked in disbelief. I felt the water start to form on the brims of my eyes. This was not how tonight was supposed to go. "I don't get it," I whispered. "What don't you get? I want to break up. It's simple," he said harshly. I just stared at him. Shocked. What happened? "Why?" I asked. "Does it really matter? It's over, Jade. Done," he said. He pulled into my driveway, but I couldn't get out of the car. I couldn't move. "Jade...," he started, motioning me out of the car. "No," I whispered. "Goodbye, Jade," he said flatly. I tried to keep my composure. I tried to stand tall. I picked up my head and looked at him in the eyes and got out what I could manage to say, knowing that it wouldn't make a difference. "I hope you're happy. Bye," I said. His expression didn't change. I didn't want to wait for a response, but I lagged getting out of the car. Nothing. He didn't say anything. Why would he? It's all been said. I got out of the car and trudged to the front door, watching in my peripheral vision his car zoom out of sight. Gone. I feel like he just took my heart with him and threw it out of the car window. I got inside and walked blankly up the stairs, up to my room, and sat on my bed. Nothing. I can't feel anything. I guess being numb is better than hurting. I just don't understand why. How long has he wanted to break up with me? Or is he just doing this because of the tour? I can't comprehend it, and frankly, I don't think I want to. I kicked off my shoes and crawled under the covers. I turned off my phone and didn't bother to get anywhere near ready for bed.

-After lying in bed for a good two and a half hours without being able to get a second of sleep, I took a strong dose of Nyquil and finally got the rest I felt like I deserved.

-It's fucking bright. I groaned and rolled over to look at the clock that read 1:00 P.M. Whatever. It's not like I have anything to do today anyways. Niall's probably leaving in a few hours. I want to check my phone, but I doubt he would text or call after last night. Why would he? I can't believe that really happened. I dragged myself out of bed and hopped into the shower. I eventually turned on my phone, only to have received a text from my mom, 'Morning, honey! How are you? How's everything? Call me when you see this!' I sighed and tried to put on my best "Happy" voice as I speed-dialed my mom. "Hi Mom," I said. "Hey baby, how are you?" she asked. "Oh, I'm fine, just tired. How's work?" "It's alright. I'd rather be home with you, but we need the money so I'm here. Oh I have to go, they're yelling for me. Love you! I'll call or text you later," she said and rushed to hang up. Why did I even get up? It's not like I have anything to do, or anyone to talk to. Looks like I'm sleeping until tomorrow. Or crying. Or both.

-I was awoken by the oh-so annoying sound of my phone ringing. "Hello?" I asked groggily. "Hey Jade! It's Louis. Are you ready for me to come pick you up for school?" he asked. "Oh shit! I totally forgot. Um, yeah, come over, I'll be ready when you get here," I said and hung up. I searched for a random, easy, outfit and grabbed my schoolbag that has been there since the accident. I cooked some quick toast and got my make up done just in time for Louis to pull up in front of my house. I ran out to the car and hopped in the front seat. "Morning sunshine. You look...cheery," he joked. "Not in the mood, Lou," I whined. I attempted to run a brush through my knotted hair as he made small talk. "So I heard Niall had to leave for tour early," he said. A lump rose in my throat and my heart shriveled. I was not prepared for this. I cleared my throat and gathered my thoughts. "Oh, yeah he did," I said, trying to be casual. "I'm sorry about that. I'm sure you guys can work through the distance, though," he smiled. Leave it to Louis to be incredibly nice and hurting all at the same time. "Um, we actually broke up," I said. "Oh shit. I'm sorry, I didn't know. Are you ok? Obviously not, break-ups suck. Oh God, I'm sorry, Jade," he said, giving me looks when he could take his eyes off the road. I put on my best smile and said, "It's for the best, really. It'll be easier and less stressful for both of us." "That's a great way to look at it! Good for you, babe," he smiled. We pulled into the school parking lot and I took my time climbing out of the car and gathering my stuff. This was the last place I wanted to be right now.

-The day went by so slowly. No messages from Niall. Nothing. It's like nothing ever happened between us. It's finally time for rehearsal. God, what are they going to do about Niall not being here? "Hello, cast," said Mr. H as everyone took their seats in the theater and waited for rehearsal to start. "I have some very sad news to inform you of. One of our actors, Niall Horan, is not going to be in this production anymore. Or at school. He's privileged enough to go on tour with a band, so we will be having someone else take his place. It's short notice, considering the play is in three weeks, but I think I picked just the right person," Mr. H smiled. Great. A new person to work with, and have a new, fake, love interest with. Please, dear God, let it be someone attractive... "Okay, so, the person I picked is in one of my other drama classes, so he knows what he's doing. Come on out!" Mr. H called off stage. I looked up to see who it was, but before I could say it, Mr. H did. "This, cast, is Louis Tomlinson, who will now be our leading role!" he announced. What. "Jade, I don't know if you and Louis know each other but-" "Oh, we do," I interrupted. "Okay, well I hope you know each other well, because we are keeping the play the same, including the kissing scene," Mr. H explained. The. Kissing. Scene. Louis' eyes grew almost as big as mine when Mr. H mentioned that. "Oh, Mr. H I don't know if-" "It's just a stage kiss, Tommo! It will be fine! In fact, let's start with that scene right now! Get on stage everyone! Up, up!" Mr. H yelled. I tried to move, but I physically couldn't. After a lot of force, I was able to stand up and slowly climb onto the stage and next to Louis. "Jade, I'm so sorry, I promise I didn't know and he just picked me," Louis tried to explain. I didn't respond. "Okay, kids, action!" Mr. H called from the audience. I cleared my throat, "you really mean it?" "Of course I do. I love you," Louis whispered. I closed my eyes and waited for the kiss. Just as Louis was leaning in, Mr. H yelled, "Jade! Don't close your eyes as if you're going to be murdered! You're getting kissed! Take it from the top." Louis backed away and I said my line again, "you really mean it?" "Of course I do. I love you," he said again. I kept my eyes open as Louis leaned in ever so slowly, building that dramatic tension that everyone loves. After an eternity, his lips met mine and our eyes fluttered shut.

#playthegamefanfic