14

Chapter 14:

~(Jade's POV) I saw the back of his dark blue beanie and suddenly got even more nervous. He turned his head and our eyes connected. Louis didn't smile at me. He didn't act like everything was normal, because we both know it's not.

I walked to our desk and sat next to him, taking in his heart fluttering scent.

"Hi," I whispered.

"Hi," he said back. A few minutes passed before either of us said anything.

"I told Stephanie," he said, looking at me. I didn't respond, I just cringed, knowing now that she was crying because of this.

"But she doesn't know I kissed you," he whispered.

"Wait what?" I asked, shocked.

"I felt so guilty about doing that to her, and to you, so I had to tell her that I kissed someone, but didn't tell her who. I just thought that I would leave that to you if you felt the need to tell her," he finished. Great. So now he's leaving the hardest part of the news up to me?

I inhaled deeply and didn't respond.

"We aren't 'broken up' because I told her how much I regretted it and stuff, but she is definitely mad. And I don't blame her. I guess we are on a...a break," he explained. I nodded in understanding. I do understand. Well, part of it. I mean...he kissed me. It was all him.

But he said he regrets it. Why did he do it? Was it just out of pity? Heat of the moment? All these questions wrapped around my brain and my heart, making me push back tears. But this wasn't the hardest question. The hardest question was one of my own.

Why do I care so much?