7

Chapter 7:  

~(Jade's POV) I went into the locker room and changed.

I'm insecure about my body...I have a flat stomach, but I'm not built "petite" like a lot of girls. I look like I would play soccer. I did for a while...I sucked.

I'm athletic, but I'm not an athlete. I'm no taller than 5'4. I definitely would not consider myself a model.

Changing in the locker rooms takes me a little longer than most girls because I have to take off my six ear piercings. People not only stare at my figure, but also at my tattoos: a shark (black and white stroke paint) on my right side/hip, and an open topped black, small number four on the back of my left shoulder. They both mean a lot to me. The four is my lucky number and my nickname from my parents, and everyone in my family has a shark tattoo, started by my older brother, who is one of my favorite people in the world.

 After changing I ran to the place where we take roll, sitting on my usual spot next to Louis.

"Steph told me.." He started.

"Oh boy..." I sighed, tired of the subject.

"Jade, just know that I will always be your friend, ok? Even if it doesn't seem like it, I will be here for you," he said, looking straight into my eyes. I couldn't help but break the intense eye contact,

"Thanks Louis, it means a lot," I replied, looking at the ground.

"I hope you and Stephanie are ok, I didn't mean to hurt you guys as a couple and-"

"don't worry about it, we are fine," he said shortly, cutting me off.

He's right, I shouldn't worry about it, and I'm not going to.

Mr. Brod took roll and made us all get into pairs for the sit ups practice. Louis and I decided to go together, thank God. It was either him or some smelly chick that complains 24/7.

We set up the mat and started practicing. Louis was on the mat first and I put my knees on his feet, holding him down.

He's in impeccable shape, so we talked casually while he did the practice sit ups.

"Jade," he asked between breaths.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"I uh, saw you talking to Horan outside of the locker rooms," He said.

"Um yeah. He was asking me about auditions for drama," I replied nervously, knowing Louis advised me to not talk to him.

"Jade, please stay away from him," Louis said, sitting up, his face inches from mine.

"I'm trying Louis, he-"

"I'm serious. He's bad news and he has a horrible reputation and I don't want you getting hurt," He cut me off.

His face was so close to mine and his beautiful blue eyes were mesmerizing me. Louis' sweet breath hit me with every word he spoke.

I guess I didn't respond for a while, being put into a trance by him, because he was doing sit ups again. I shouldn't be thinking things like that about Louis...he has a girlfriend, not to mention that she's Stephanie.

I shook my head and Louis abruptly stopped in front of my face again. This time he took his hand and tilted my chin to him.

"Please, trust me, ok?" He whispered with all the concern in the world.

"Louis why are you-" and before I knew it he connected his soft lips with mine.