Prologue

IMPORTANT: I wrote this over a year ago, since then my writing and style has improved, please don't judge this fic based on the first half as it hadn't been edited yet. The second half is much better. TO BE EDITED 

Disclaimer: I do not own The Wanted or affiliated brands or people. Although this story is copyrighted so don't steal my ideas! (If you read any stories that have copied my ideas, please let me know!)

It was my first day of art college, my teacher was quirky and seemed to like me slightly but I wasn't so sure that I would get anywhere with my art. I loved art but I hated being told what to do; I liked making collages, I had made about seven of The Wanted just to hang in my room. The only reason I took art was because The Wanted (or whoever was on the band account at that moment in time) noticed one of my collages and put it at the end of the Wanted Wednesday flip which gave me a some confidence in my abilities. I just had to hope my teacher let us have free rein on what we could do, unlike my high school's strict curriculum which nearly made me hate art. 

"Time to go, I have a train to catch, I'm not staying here all night!" My teacher said in a tone that screamed 'I have a life, unlike you!'. Perhaps she wasn't as nice as I had first thought. I had decided to stay behind later after everyone else so that I could get a head start. That statement does make me appear to be a bit of a geek and it certainly wouldn't earn me any friends but I was a perfectionist and I needed to bank up as many extra hours as possible.

I tried to appear too affected by her tone of voice as I collected up my things but the fact that I was doing it as quick as possible could possibly give me away. I could feel her glaring eyes burning into my back as I gathered up my pencils and threw them into my pencil case and then that into my bag. Then I ran out of the room and then the college, clutching my sketch book to my chest, not wanting to stay behind any longer as I felt that I had overstayed my welcome. Perhaps it would be smarter to just do extra work at home. 

It was a typical winter night: the sky was almost pitch black and it was raining and stormy. Unfortunately, I hadn't brought an umbrella so I knew that by the time I had sprinted to the closest bus stop, I would be drenched. Plus, it was my first day and I was still a little bit fuzzy on how to get from the college to the bus stop so I was probably stood outside longer than necessary as I tried to get my bearings. Eventually I could sight of the fifty year old bus stop which consisted of a tiny wooden hut with no bus times and a small bench. I knew from previous experiences that it was almost impossible to try and sit a comfortable distance away from strangers within it since it was so small which made the overall experience of the shelter unpleasant and awkward. Plus, I was almost certain that it would collapse every time someone dared to sit down.

I ran inside the bus stop and sighed with dismay... Even in the dim light, I could see that I looked like a drowned rat and my shirt had gone slightly see through. I started fiddling with my top, trying to make it dry out before some creeps on a bus could take a look at me. I looked around and jumped when I saw someone in the corner. It was a boy, I couldn't make much out in the darkness but he looked about my age, maybe a bit older. He didn't strike me as a stereotypically dangerous person which relaxed me ever so slightly but not to the point that I would consider myself comfortable. The darkness consumed him but I could see that he was wearing a hoodie with a beanie hat on underneath but I couldn't make out what his face looked like due to the lack of light. The light from a street lamp outside just managed to peak in and I caught a glimpse of his shoes, they were worn, old Converse completely covered in random doodles. Immediately I found myself drawn to them, they were so different and I could tell that it would take me hours to identify each individual drawing. 

"Cool shoes, did you buy them?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence since despite being a shy person, I was quite chatty. He was looking down previously but he glanced upwards when he heard me speaking. I still couldn't make out much of his face but somehow it looked the slightest bit familiar.